How do you feel?

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry baloo,

I'm afraid we're all being a little glib here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif No matter what side of the fence that the various CPF members are on, I think that people are glad? relieved? apprehensive? that some movement on this subject is occurring after all the months that this has been debated here. Welcome to CPF and thank you for posting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Dan

Albany Tom

Enlightened
I thought it was a trick question.

You know, though, when somebody asks a guy how he feels, he goes through a pretty quick process. Kinda like a computer starting up.

1. Is this a trick question?
2. If from girlfriend/wife/waitress - Have I been poisoned?
3. Am I bleeding?
4. Are there any other fluids leaking out?
5. Bones broken?
6. On Fire?
7. Any limbs stuck in anything?
8. Ok, nothing serious...continue with list
9. Hungry?
10. Too hot? Too cold?
11. Tired, sleepy?
12. Otherwise comfortable?

At this point, the guy is thinking "I'm fine, and I just wasted a lot of time and thought on this, so now I'm a bit annoyed. Why the hell is she asking?", and says "Fine."

The response to this is never good, and almost always results in the guy saying "Yes, I'm fine!". This leads to "No, I'm not angry", which really means "Well, I wasn't angry until you started asking stupid questions. If you didn't want to know how I felt, why did you ask? Why didn't you just tell me how you think I'm supposed to feel and get it over with?"

Yes, I've given this much thought.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom -

In these cases usually something is wrong and if the guy doesn't know what's wrong, as I'm sure you would predict, the girl certainly is not going to explain what's wrong.

Here's my nomination for an answer: "I feel like I'm not as in touch with you as I should be and I would like to be able to better understand how you feel."

- Jeff

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Well, I was posting in humor, but my usual response is either "I don't know, how to you think I feel", in a concerned tone, or "hungry".

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
And along this line of thought,

The four words that strike peril in the hearts and minds of guys....."We have to talk". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif TALK!! I can barely tie my shoelaces!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Albany Tom -

I was posting in humor as well. But, it was small humor. It was so small it was imperceptible. I like "hungry" as an answer. Now, that's believable.

PercaDan -

"We have to talk" ?

Whew, la.

Albany Tom

Enlightened
I don't know...most people don't wake up with nightmares of their parents coming at them with a knife... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif