Anodizing coming off?

jk904jk

Banned
I have a less than 3 day old Olight. The anodizing at the bottom of the head is chipping off. There is no way anything chipped it or knicked it. It has either been in my front pocket with nothing else or on my nightstand. I have no idea why. I did lube the threads with some mineral oil yesterday.

Here are some pics

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1363-1.jpg

Marduke

Flashaholic
Looks like it's from where the head turns or rocks.

Also, isn't Olight only type-II anodized, not HA-III (anyone know for sure?)

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edges do tend to wear/chip easier. Some of the chips look pretty aggressive in the second pic, maybe an isolated incident of the light hitting something? Did you let anyone borrow it? I hate it when that happens.=(

Dudemar

Last edited:

Zenster

Enlightened
Run a Sharpie black permenant marker around the edge and let it dry a few seconds.
You won't even think of it after that unless it happens again in which case you might take a look at how you're carrying it.

Think of it as a battle scar, and now you have a light that you actually "use". ;)

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my first surefire turboheads had ha3 chipping off from me scrapping off dirt with my fingernails. That's right, my nails! It was right arround a sharp edge as well. Coincidence? I think not! HA3 deposit is weakest and most brittle at corners and edges.

In short, the ha3 is legit, these things happen to the best. Besides, it's purely cosmetic...