What can i do with a 6D maglite?

daemorok

Newly Enlightened
I just found this forum from a link over at atwood knives. Ive got a 6D maglite thats been sitting around doing nothing for a couple years...

Interested in making it more useful and brighter... definatly LED, and i would prefer to keep using the D Cell batteries if possible?

Anyone feel like pointing me in the right direction... maybe a basic tutorial, parts i might want to look at etc...

thanks in advance

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you wanting to use rechargable or just standard duracell type batteries?

JosephK

Newly Enlightened
http://www.malkoffdevices.com/ has a couple good options, though stock may vary at times (looks like he's all sold out at the moment).

Make sure to upgrade the lens in the light if you do decide to do anything. Boro (Borofloat) or UCL or equivilant.

daemorok

Newly Enlightened
I think i would prefer to use standard Duracell, I haven't had good experiences with rechargeable batteries in standard sizes...

Drewfus2101

Enlightened
I would practice up on your long staff fighting techniques...

....then put a Malkoff in it.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a very old 6D that I just upgraded.

Options:
1. You can make it a ROP for around $100.
2. You can install a Malkoff Devices (if your light is the newer style) for $75.
3. You can install a new Terralux tle-300 for around $90-$100.

Since my light is the old style, I put in a Terralux MiniStar 5 for 2-6 cell lights for $25. I am quite satisfied with the brightness and throw. It will run for 20 to 25 hours at max brightness on six regular alkaline d batteries. It is a good option for a light that I will not use that often.

daemorok

Newly Enlightened
How can i tell if i have the old or new style? ... I'm pretty sure its the old one... i think i have had it for almost 10 years

Sw3d3

Newly Enlightened
I was in the same situation as you until the other day when i found elektrolumen's new offering: the Monster-Throw IV (MT-IV) http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=elektrolumens

800 odd lumens, drops straight into a 6d mag, and half the price of the malkoff mod - it sits between the malkoff quad and the terralux tle-300 thing.

I ordered mine a couple of days ago and can't wait, should be great value for money in my opinion.

KenAnderson

Enlightened
800 odd lumens, drops straight into a 6d mag

I ordered mine a couple of days ago and can't wait, should be great value for money in my opinion.

The website says it's for a 3d mag. Do you know if it can handle the higher voltage of a 6d? Or are you planning on using spacers?

Thanks....

Ken

Sw3d3

Newly Enlightened

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
How can i tell if i have the old or new style? ... I'm pretty sure its the old one... i think i have had it for almost 10 years

The new style will have the letter "D" in front of the serial number.

The older style model has only numbers in the serial number.