Hellfighter X-15

themadplumbarian

Newly Enlightened
I was just wondering if anyone has herd or bought the Hellfighter X-15 Flashlight 6V w/Glass Breaker by Dark-ops, this one is nasty, but they dont give you any specs on it, only that it is 150 lumens, 6v, and well that the bezel will break glass,,, any reviews? JR.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks interesting. Unfortunately it's xenon, which is not likely to survive the first time you tried to break a window with it. Especially since the light would most likely be running when you did.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been at least two discussions on the DarkOps light, and I've posted in both with my opinion so I'll provide a shorter version of it here.

1) The light is not worth the price. For the price, there are several other lights which do the same thing better. Some are cheaper.

2) I base opinion 1 on the appearance of the light, it's specifications, and the DarkOps line of "knives" that they pinch out. The folders are blatant ripoffs of an Italian company called Extrema Ratio, and do not share the same high quality while demanding a high price. The fixed blades are no better.

3) DarkOps is neither a knife company nor a flashlight company. It is a moneymaking tool formed by Pyramont, a marketing service. The advertising for the knives is insulting to knife users and enthusiasts, and contains enough BS to make me doubt anything they say about their light(s). All products seem aimed towards Mall Ninja and armchair commandos everywhere. I'd hate to see a genuine knife or light user/enthusiast buy a DarkOps product because they didn't know any of this.

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one of those Hellfighter X-15s. Hmmmm....I feel somewhat embarrassed to say that I do not remember which great English CPFer gave me the great deal....but he's the same guy that sold a friggin' SF U2 for $60 (among other great things, really cheaply), God bless his soul. Anyway, I got it for $23, shipped from England! It's a nice light, but it's not some technological marvel or anything like that. It's just a basic, no-nonsense light. It's build quality is pretty good, I'd say. The walls are super thick and the threads are smooth. It does have somewhat of a cool look to it. A hundred and fifty lumens, though, doesn't sound right. I'd guess it was more like 80-100.

paddling_man

Newly Enlightened
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been at least two discussions on the DarkOps light, and I've posted in both with my opinion so I'll provide a shorter version of it here.

1) The light is not worth the price. For the price, there are several other lights which do the same thing better. Some are cheaper.

2) I base opinion 1 on the appearance of the light, it's specifications, and the DarkOps line of "knives" that they pinch out. The folders are blatant ripoffs of an Italian company called Extrema Ratio, and do not share the same high quality while demanding a high price. The fixed blades are no better.

3) DarkOps is neither a knife company nor a flashlight company. It is a moneymaking tool formed by Pyramont, a marketing service. The advertising for the knives is insulting to knife users and enthusiasts, and contains enough BS to make me doubt anything they say about their light(s). All products seem aimed towards Mall Ninja and armchair commandos everywhere. I'd hate to see a genuine knife or light user/enthusiast buy a DarkOps product because they didn't know any of this.

+1 - that's it in a nutshell