LI LumaMax VS E2e KL1

Winter1

Newly Enlightened
If you could only carry one of these LED lights, which one would it be?

Why?

Whistler

Enlightened
Shouldn't you ask L1 Lumamax vs E1e/KL1 and Arc AAA?

Or better: L1 vs ARC LS and Arc AAA.

My KL1's are brighter than the L1 (high output), my Arc AAA LE is brighter than the L1 (low output). Hmmmm, I think I have to play a little more with the L1 before I join you FC. (I think you got a VERY good L1 LS FC...).

Back to the topic. E2e/KL1 is not only brighter but got also a longer runtime (high output). But the L1 looks better IMHO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
L1 all the way. my L1 bright is as bright as my KL1 but MUCH whiter on high. It is as bright as my ARC AAA LE on low. I have 2 L1's and the the other one is a just a little more blue/purple...but not nearly as much as the KL1, and just as bright on high, but the low is about half of the AAA LE. I'm giving it to a friend and keeping the really white one for myself.

Size15's

Flashaholic
L1

The Low output of the L1 is designed to be low.
Obviously Luxeons vary. My E1e+KL1 is about the same as my L1. The difference is the low output mode which is very useful if you need light without glare or low light so not to interfer with others (map reading in cars etc)
I guess the "whiter" light from LEDs mean that compared to same output of a bulb,the LED will be whiter giving you a sharper better defined image.

If you were to have two flashlights to cover the high/low of the L1, you would need either two hands or time to swap between them. With the L1, you have a choice in a simple, easy to use single flashlight.

The ArcAAA can be used as a backup on your keys etc because even though I will EDC the A2 & L1 (in opposite pockets), I will still have a PhotonII and ArcAAA on my keys.

The L1 is the way to go.

Al

Reno

Enlightened
Surely this post has been co-opted by the announcement of the LS4.... right?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
LS4? Who cares about stinkin' LS4 !??!!? How about KL4 ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

blackz28

Newly Enlightened
My L1 on low is brighter than my Arc AAA LE but not as bright as my CMG Ultra-G. On the high mode, it's about the same as my KL1, but a lot whiter (my KL1 is more toward a purple color). Ever since I got my L1, I retired my E1e\Kl1 and E2\KL1.