GM for CREE is speaking at my college, UCSB

jake25

Enlightened
he started his speech about CREE at 5:30PST i was busy until now and am debating whether i should go and listen

who thinks that i shoud?

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
You go to UCSB? I'm from Santa Barbara. Anyway, you should probably go see so you can bug him with questions about new emitters. Then go to Freeb!rds.

jake25

Enlightened
just got back

it was a little dissapointing the speaker was more of a RD guy than a sales guy

when i asked him about R3's and R4's he was totally lost

but he did smile a bit when i talked about swapping out my MCPCB's w/ newer emitters.

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
UCSB grad (Gaucho) and Army ROTC commisioned officer (Surfrider) here. I do Freebird Monster Chicken {Burrito} every time I go back.

Wicho

Enlightened
My wife graduated from UCSB - we stop at the Brown Pelican for breakfast whenever we drive through SB on our way up North. The food isn't the greatest, but the location! I heard the place closed late last year, though.

Supernam

Enlightened
3 of my cousins graduated from SB, I graduated from UCI though. hehe.
He was probably lying about the R3's/R4's. They're probably working on R6's haha.

Probedude

Enlightened
1989 Grad from UCSB here. Used to go to Freebirds and Espresso Roma all the time (why hasn't that place reopened?), now it's Naan Stop and Java Jones.

BTW I have a friend that works for Cree in Goleta/SB (used to be Nitres before CREE bought them).

Dave
(can't believe I got old. . . .)

jake25

Enlightened
dang i just got back from naan stop for some boba

i've always wanted to go into the cree office, do you know if they give people tours?

i just noticed you're from ventura, i'm going there tommorow

Probedude

Enlightened
dang i just got back from naan stop for some boba

i've always wanted to go into the cree office, do you know if they give people tours?

i just noticed you're from ventura, i'm going there tommorow

I've been commuting since 1986 from Ventura to Goleta. Didn't think of buying a house in SB until it they climbed out of reach. The top dumbest thing I've done in life so far.

I doubt they give tours on the spot. You could always show up and see if they have any positions open. I know we use college interns, as does SuperConductor, IMT and probably FLIR too. Get an interview and you'll get a tour!

I know back in the Nitres days they were using the fab at UCSB a lot, probably still do.