I keep coming back to my E2e

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently purchased a KX2, A2, and P60L. For the last 3 months they have been my go to lights. One of the above would always be in my backpack. Its funny when the novelty wheres off I always go back to my E2e w/MN02 LA.

My annual Holiday is usually for 2-3 weeks at a time over seas (not bad for an American!). The light I always travel with is an E2O with a twisty switch. For casual evenings on the town I strap on my E2d.

When runtime doesn't matter, I always grab an E2e. I'm always amazed at the size to output ratio. And what more can you say about that gorgeous incan beam? Sometimes simpler is better. There are more practical lights, but fewer more satisying...

Last edited:

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup. Me too. I have been carrying my new Fenix P3D Q5 for a couple of weeks. I probably have a dozen lights in what I consider convenient EDC size.

Tonight my E2E went back in my Ripoffs belt holster and will most likely stay there for a long time.

Simply a near perfect combination of size, feel, reliability, function and output, IMO. I know many consider it old school and old technology, but it always returns to the top of my EDC heap.

Mark

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've said it before, the spot and spill that come out of an E2e is just perfection. Out to 25 feet the E2e is one of my favorite incand lights. I have had no experiance with the A2 but from reading one of the moderators ( can't remember the name right now ) huge reveiw of the A2 made me wonder if it's even better.

Bill

sawlight

Enlightened
Yeah, there's "something" about the e2e. Can you imagine it having regulated output? :drool:

No, there's EVERYTHING to say about the E2E!!!! I say every flashaholic needs one!!!!!
I do however, at least IMHO, think that the beam of the Novatac comes VERY close, for an LED, to mimicing it!!

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
Yes! It's called the A2.:crackup:

Try the LF 3.7v replacement bulb with a 17670 . You get a rechargeable incan.

Yes, that is how I run one of mine too. I use it a lot more now. It was a great light but now I like it even better. I have a stock one with regular batteries as an emergency light in my car and then the one with the LF bulb with the rechargeable that I carry in my parka pocket and my briefcase when I travel.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I try to bring an SC3 4x123 spare carrier and a MN03 bulb when I use my "rechargeable" E2e out and about. That way if I run down the 17670 I have a bulb and primaries to keep the light working.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
You guys are making me want to swap out my McLux PT head with its gorgeous Lux 3 and see what the original E1e output looks like.

I bet I'll hate it though.. ;-)

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my E2E. I use one of two Lumens Factory lamps in it with 2x AW rcr123a protected cells. Either the LF EO 7.2v 150 lumen lamp for a run time of 45 minutes, or the LF HO 7.2v 110 lumen lamp for a run time of 60 minutes. Both lamps put out a beautiful creamy beam with a gorgeous hot spot and surprisingly useful spill. And, with the AW's, it's all guilt free lumens. I just absolutely love my E1E/E2E/E2D.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
dont have a E2e, but do own an E2D..

yeah theres just something about it.....including but not limited to its behavior of eating through pockets:ohgeez:

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
surefiree2e01an6.jpg

I recently acquired my first E-Series, a E2E-SG and have to admit it has the best beam of any of my Incans. It's size/weight to output is excellent and since getting this I find myself having this light on me when around the house more often now than any other. And that's saying alot since I am very partial to CREE's and own quite a few.

The light with the MN03 Lamp really suprised me with it's spill, so much better than that of the P60's in my 6P's...........I'm looking to get a E2D next.

2xTap

da.gee

Enlightened
The E2E was my first incan bought used fron the Marketplace. I love it. Very nice output for such a small light. I put the rechargeable Lumens Factory LA in it as well and now I really love it. I always throw it in the bag as my backup. It is so small. Great light.

Liked it so much I was able to snag a pristine Winelight II as well. I haven't used it much at all as I'm afraid to mark it.

mdocod

Flashaholic
It was the E2E, seen in person, that made me realize the "why" of the SF following around here. Some day I will be able to afford some SF lights, an E2E with a LF EO-E2R is on the "want a lot" list for sure.

Lightguy27

Enlightened
surefiree2e01an6.jpg

I recently acquired my first E-Series, a E2E-SG and have to admit it has the best beam of any of my Incans. It's size/weight to output is excellent and since getting this I find myself having this light on me when around the house more often now than any other. And that's saying alot since I am very partial to CREE's and own quite a few.

The light with the MN03 Lamp really suprised me with it's spill, so much better than that of the P60's in my 6P's...........I'm looking to get a E2D next.

2xTap

Well I know it is'nt exactly the same but I find my self reaching for my newly aquired E2D lately. There is something about it's size and output that just have a certain appeal and it definetly has it's place in my EDC pocket. Plus if Im feeling destructive I really enjoy placing old burnt out lightbulbs on the ground and smashing it, just to watch it die. Oh. and what kind of batt case is that and where did you get it.

-Evan

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a Pelican 1010 case. I'm not sure if Lighthound still sells this setup. Battery Station sells them also if you like their batteries. It'll hold 15 batteries. Its a very cool way to store your batteries.

BTW the E2, E2e, E2O, and E2d all share the same DNA so I don't think mentioning an E2d is off topic.

The E2d was what weened me off of Maglights.

kelmo