Surefire tail switch cover is loose?

Alero

Enlightened
I have a pair if G2s and a pair of 6P Surefires and three of them are fine, but one has a weird thing about the tail switch that's bugging me.
There's a little pocket of air under the rubber cap, so it's got 1 or 2 mm of play before you feel it touching the plastic underneath.
I know it's no big deal, but it bugs me. I like the mrv twisty where actual metal comes up as far as possible.
Is there a trick for tightening this without disassembling the switch?

If I need to disassemble it, do I just pull it apart with some pliers?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm assuming you speak of the twisty?

If so just pull it apart with pliers and there is a black ring inside (after disassembly) tighten the black ring down/ reassemble and see if that helps...

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's like my SW01 (I imagine it is) then you need to put decent pressure on the edges of the rubber, use a properly sized allen key, take off the contact plunger, you should see a black plastic retainer with a silver piece in the middle, use small needle nose pliers or snap ring pliers to tighten that in, then re-assemble using the pressure on the rubber boot, and an allen key.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's like my SW01 (I imagine it is) then you need to put decent pressure on the edges of the rubber, use a properly sized allen key, take off the contact plunger, you should see a black plastic retainer with a silver piece in the middle, use small needle nose pliers or snap ring pliers to tighten that in, then re-assemble using the pressure on the rubber boot, and an allen key.

That actually sounds like it will be the correct fix as opposed to my thought.