Gladius mods ?

Z-Hunter

Newly Enlightened
Hi there !
I just discovered the forum, did some homework, but guys, you speak like geeks :duh2: ! I have a hard time understanding more than half of the posts.

I just ordered a Gladius from one of CFP member and would like to know (with easy words :whistle:) who can mod it or is there any drop-in mods ? I need lumens, lots of them.
I also run 2 SF with P61, anything better than that ?

thank you for having me here :thumbsup:

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's easy enough to replace the emitter on the factory star with a SSC P4. Don't attempt to remove the star because it's really glued on tight, and be sure to catch the BB that falls out when you unscrew the head.

LA OZ

Enlightened
I got one that is glued tight. What is worst, the ball bearing inside got dislodged from the hemi-ditch that supposed to secured it. It did some pretty major damage inside of my Gladius when I opened it. Almost all electrodes got torned off from the emitter and the body. I have got another Gladius that can be opened by hand.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Gladius would need a Seoul swap. Remove the Luxeon and solder in a Seoul P4 U-bin LED and you should get double the output.

There are many LED drop-ins that would produce more light and have longer runtime then the P61. Look at this thread for a list.

I'd also recommend reading the Welcome Mat. It should clear up some confusion.

:welcome:

Last edited:

Gladius01

Enlightened
Hi there !
I just discovered the forum, did some homework, but guys, you speak like geeks :duh2: ! I have a hard time understanding more than half of the posts.

I just ordered a Gladius from one of CFP member and would like to know (with easy words :whistle:) who can mod it or is there any drop-in mods ? I need lumens, lots of them.
I also run 2 SF with P61, anything better than that ?

thank you for having me here :thumbsup:

:welcome:, search for Gladius and you find lots of different mods. I had mine done about a year ago from here in CPF and it is excellent. Always like this Gladius, great flashlight.:)

Z-Hunter

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome and for pointing me in the good direction.
I did a search but it seems that I should start with the "CPF for dummies" thread first.

More questions later !

Cheers

mark33

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Also new to site - can anybody tell me if the Seoul upgrade is available in th UK? I have searched but could not see if it was.

Thanks