Surefire 6p Led Question

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Everyone I am new to this forum and I had a question about the Surefire 6p LED. I recently purchased one and noticed the spot on my wall to be purplish. If I have brand new batteries in it I don't notice it as much but as a few hours go by you can notice that the spot projected on the wall has this weird purplish tint. It just becomes more prominent after a few hours, I'd say about 2-3 hours of use before it happens. I was wondering if this was a manufactures defect or if this is normal.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like tint-shifting. It can happen as power to the emitter is reduced or increased. As for wether or not it is normal, I'm not sure. I'd call SureFire and ask for a replacement.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Funny that you mention the purple color temperature ... I just bought a G2L that projects the same color. All my other Surefires, and both NovaTacs, are white ... but the G2 has a definite purple cast.

Surefire will replace if you phone them. For me, on this light, it's a non-issue, but it could be a problem for other people.