New Outdoorsman specs

brianinaustin

Newly Enlightened
Anyone else notice Surefire changed the design on the new E2L Outdoorsman? They switched from 45 lumens/14hrs to a dual-stage switch with 3/60 lumens for 100/6hrs. Anyone seen one of these? Sounds like the switch takes either two taps or clicks to get to the secondary brightness.

Which brightness comes first? I dont think its like the traditional SF two-stage Aviator. Electronic switch? Hmmmm.

Nathan

Enlightened
The new E1L and E2L will be very similar in operation to the E1B, except low brightness is first. The tailcap is the existing Z57. Though the internals have been redesigned, it still operates as a clickie: light press for momentary, press to click for constant on. The brightness control is in the head. After turning on low (either with light press or click), turn the light off and on again in less than 2 seconds to get to high. When the light is kept off for more than 2 seconds, it resets, and the next activation of the switch will be low.

The 2-level KX1 and KX2 heads will be available separately, so we can upgrade our existing E-series lights.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are easily three separate threads on this. I'm sorry, I know I'm coming off harsh and that's not my intention but with a little searching you could have found the answers to your questions plus more.

brianinaustin

Newly Enlightened
That was harsh? Try again if you were upset and trying to be abrasive. Jeez.

Besides, I searched for threads with Outdoorsman in the title and there are none from 2008. Why am I wasting my time?

Last edited:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I meant actually looking through threads as opposed to using the search function, which can be hit or miss. The new models were mentioned in the "SHOT 2008" thread as well as having two or three devoted to them. Sorry for not being harsh enough.

rpage53

Newly Enlightened
I'll be harsh and ask members to stop reprimanding new members for asking legitimate questions. If you don't want to answer go play with your flashlights.

Now that sounds harsh.

Rick.