Photon Pro Glow

Apex007

Newly Enlightened
First of all, thank you everyone for convincing me to get a Photon Proton Pro. An absolutely fantastic flashlight and my new edc.

As a result of having lots of leftover ultra-blue glow powder and an endless desire to make great things even better, I added some glow epoxy to the flat portion of the reflector.

Tedious work, but the results are worth it. The glow gasket that comes with the light doesn't glow for long. This stuff is visible all night:

2m2tgg8.jpg

2vwuv88.jpg

16lwoya.jpg

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Very nice, Apex. Might have to try this myself. One thing I'm curious about. Did this mod change/improve the smoothness of the main beam? I've been wondering if that flat part of the reflector may be contributing to the ringiness of the beam.

Geoff

Apex007

Newly Enlightened
Very nice, Apex. Might have to try this myself. One thing I'm curious about. Did this mod change/improve the smoothness of the main beam? I've been wondering if that flat part of the reflector may be contributing to the ringiness of the beam.

Geoff

Thanks FT, adding the glow epoxy mix to the flat part of the reflector around the emitter does not change the beam characterstics at all.

Someone else had mentioned spraying a small amount of hairspray to their lense to smooth out the beam. I considered doing that to the reflector while I had it open, thinking that it would have a similar effect to the orange peel texture, but decided against it. I just can't see spraying any part of my flashlight with hairspray.

I've been using the Pro for a few days and like others have said, in real life use, the beam is fine.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've seen the light with the hairspray mod done by Rob. In fact, I bought it from him. It is quite effective and easily reversible. It's washed off now, but I might try it again. Definitely not a factor away from the white wall.

Geoff