Stainless Ultrafire C3 ??? (found on Kaidomain)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veto

Newly Enlightened
I ran into this while poking around on Kaidomain, a Stainless Steel Ultrafire C3 Q2

Anyone have any experience with this? I read all the bad news about the C3 Q5 and had pretty much written it off, but this could be interesting.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also ordered one. REALLY didn't need it, but got dazzled by the stainless, the slim C3 shape, and the possibility it might have one of the good older C3 drivers. If not, I'll swap in one of my single mode older C3 drivers, which I like...

Last edited:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just pulled the trigger on this one.:paypal:
It really is a nice looking light and I will probably switch out the emmiter module with my Q5 C3.:naughty: That light is pretty bright on a 14500 3.6V battery.;)

Hypnosis4U2NV

Newly Enlightened
Im confused:

Features:
- Uses original CREE Q2 LED bulb

Review:
Another stunning products by Ultrafire after the C2. This C3 is a compact light, equipped with a CREE XR-E P4 LED Bulb. It gives 60+ lumens on a single 14500 cell or about 50 lumens for a single NI-MH AA cell, excellent! Built quality is great and the switch performance is lovely.

Which LED does it use?

It definately nice looking but since my regular C3 P4 took a 3ft dive to the floor, the AA battery functionality has died.. It will only work with 14500 batteries.. Id hate to buy another where the same could possibly happen..

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this light could have been a big seller if Ultrafire would have put a Q5 emitter with a decent two or three stage driver in it. :thinking:
Oh well, maybe Fenix or Jetbeam will make one in Stainless Steel in the near future. :poke:

You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. Psalms 18:28 (NIV)

Last edited:

Zeige

Enlightened
I ordered one, and I'm going to take the Q5 out of my black C3 and put it in the stainless :)

bspofford

Enlightened
The Kai product lists a Q2 with 2200 lux @ 1M while the DX product lists a P4. I presume that this would have 1300 lux @ 1M like the type II product. The Kai price is also half a dollar less.

layzieyez

Newly Enlightened
Wow, for being such a short month, February is really giving my wallet a beating. I bought mine at Kaidomain since both the light and the 14500 batteries offered were cheaper. I've ordered from KD before so I know I'll get this in about the same amount of time as DX. To be honest, I won't be too upset if it is a P4 as long as it's regulated better than the 5-mode Q-5.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered from DX.
Can anyone tell me the dia of the board the Cree LED is mounted on in a C3??
I'm thinking of ordering a pre mounted Q5 to swap in the stainless C3 at a later date.
Thanks

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered from DX.
Can anyone tell me the dia of the board the Cree LED is mounted on in a C3??
I'm thinking of ordering a pre mounted Q5 to swap in the stainless C3 at a later date.
Thanks

I believe it's 14mm base. I'm about 99% sure...
can someone verify.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew I shouldn't have read this thread...:shakehead

I just ordered mine fron KD...:ohgeez:

:sick2:Think I need to see a shrink about this flashlight addiction....:duh2:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
ordered mine today, it looked too good to pass up. btw, this keeps happening, thread over in dealer forum on MP, and someone creates another one on here..oh well as long as it keeps the lights coming..

Crenshaw

Status
Not open for further replies.