Cree drop-in for Surefire M3?

fizassist

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks,

I have a KL2 head for my M3, and it's not too bad, but I'd really like to kick it up a notch. I've done some searching here but haven't found an answer. Is there any drop-in Cree replacement for the MN10/MN11 bulb?

Thanks,
fiz

greenstuffs

Banned
The tower modules were available awhile ago however they were pretty pricey in the range of $200. Surefire is coming out with a new M3 LED head this year to replace the L6 or an M3 upgrade i don't know the module they carry hope someone can shed more info on that matter.

ugrey

Enlightened
Wait for SFs KL9 head. It is supposed to be 350 lumens. I can't wait.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most if not all current tower modules are made for the M3T which is similar to the KT1, KT2, M6, turbo heads and the likes.

The MN10 and MN11 bulb fits in to the standard M3 or M3-CB head. The first and the only direct replacement LED tower can be found here. It is not a CREE, it will not fit and the CREE dome makes the it not so suitable for shallow reflectors.

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you cant wait, there is always Milkyspit to help you out.

medium.jpg

My KL2 is known as 'Destroyer II', X464, 3xSSC P4 USWOH, 464 lumens of pure white light. It runs on 1x18650 for 53 minutes fully regulated high.....

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You can always contact Milkyspit, but that would probably be a irreversible mod(well, hard to reverse).

The tower modules are harder to come by.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Whoa, wait a minute. Any more specs on that? Is it a single emitter? ETA? Pics? INFO!

During some talk about Surefire's new products thread I gathered that it would most likely not be available until the third or fourth quarter of the year, probably after the Invictus is released.