• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Coming soon, but need your help! 3x17670 adapters for SureFire M6!

mdocod

Flashaholic
I am going to make available a 3x17670 adapter for M6 users who want to use one of the many available bulb options do-able in this configuration.

For example, an 1185 in a FM bi-pin tower module. Or the LumensFactory EO-M6R.

Many people have requested that I make these available as I guess it's a hard to come by piece. I am going to follow basically the same building style as I have used on these adapters:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2346677#post2346677

So again, they will be garage crafted, semi-crude, but darn cheap. Under $20 no problem.

I need to get some measurements and picts of an M6 adapter and internal diameter... can anyone help me out?

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd grab one for that price!

If I was in the USA I'd send you my MB20 and M6 but unfortunately I can't help you out there. And unfortunately I don't have calipers so I can't help you out...

Would it be possible for the adapter to be a truly drop-in solution requiring 1. no modification or changes to the tailcup springs and 2. a more elegant electrical isolation system than an easily losable foam donut?

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will be out of town until 3/15, but can send a current revision MB20 your way upon my return.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure you need a specially machined tailcap contact plate which is much thinner to fit a 3x17670 battery holder in an M6.

Mac

mdocod

Flashaholic
I was afraid of that possibility, but I have some new ideas for making thinner end caps... The only issue is the way the spring of the tail-cap makes contact with the base of the adapter, and the way the head of the battery adapter needs to make contact with the head of the light.. Then there is always the possibility that, there could be a mm or 2 to spare over what the stock stick is using... Just eyeballing the stock mb20 pictures on the SF website it appears to me that the stock adapter has "end-caps" of at least 5mm thick, and that center "spacer" of at least 4mm thick. Gives me at least 7mm per side based on my initial eyeballed estimates... I think I have some ideas that can make that feasible. Mostly just using smaller fasteners.

cqbdude

Enlightened
Have you seen this one??

2. Rechargeable kit for the M6.
The kit includes Fivemega's serial 3x17670 holder, 3 AW 17670 batteries, a cut Mad D spring, an insulating washer, and 2 LAs: LumensFactory HO-M6R and SF MN61 (M4 HOLA). Note that the MN61 in this setup actually outperforms the MN21 on primaries and runs for ~30 minutes!

IMG_7143.jpg

IMG_7141.jpg

mdocod

Flashaholic
oh yes, I have seen it, FMs adapters are artwork! I was under the impression that these were no longer available and hard to find and have had a lot of requests from CPF members to look at doing 3x17670 run so I figured I should give it a shot. By having that picture of the tailcap of the M6 there I have a pretty good idea what will work and what won't now... Shouldn't be too difficult. I did just hear by PM that FMs adapters may be available again here mid-march, so considering the budget range of an M6, perhaps I shouldn't bother trying to make a budget adapter for em.... Yall let me know what you think.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Have you seen this one??

2. Rechargeable kit for the M6.
The kit includes Fivemega's serial 3x17670 holder, 3 AW 17670 batteries, a cut Mad D spring, an insulating washer, and 2 LAs: LumensFactory HO-M6R and SF MN61 (M4 HOLA). Note that the MN61 in this setup actually outperforms the MN21 on primaries and runs for ~30 minutes!

IMG_7143.jpg

So.....are these available anymore?

Fuhgetaboudit

Enlightened
I'd be interested in a new one. I have one of your older Models I think in my Milky Modded M6 running 3x17670's. Just let me know please....??

Thanks!

cqbdude

Enlightened
The reason I posted it is for reference only...Sorry Eric if I made it seem like I was trying to tell you that someone already makes them..

I myself would be interested if you decide to make something for the M6.

1wrx7

Enlightened
OK...my MB20 is as follows...

O.A.L. is 3.665" This is across the safty rings that surround the positive contacts at either end.

O.D. is 1.443" at either endplate

Thickness of the endplates is .270"

Thickness of the centerplate is .230"

I don't have pics but, if you need any other measurements send a PM I'll try to get what you need. If there is a flashlight that needs rechargables it's the M6. Good luck with your project.

mdocod

Flashaholic
cool, it's longer than I thought, 93mm, that means I have 13mm of space on either end of a 17670 cell to work with. That's plenty.

IcantC

Enlightened
I am on the fivemega list, but would definitely buy one from you as well!

snakeeaterhg

Newly Enlightened
I am also interested.

Just some Ideas: What about an option to use the three cells in series, maybe by inserting one cell in reverse and jumpers or if cheaper an alternative contactring. Interesting for multi emitters.
And maybe leave some room for 20mm driver boards :twothumbs

mdocod

Flashaholic
I am also interested.

Just some Ideas: What about an option to use the three cells in series, maybe by inserting one cell in reverse and jumpers or if cheaper an alternative contactring. Interesting for multi emitters.
And maybe leave some room for 20mm driver boards :twothumbs

Series is the plan from the get go, yes, 1 cell will be backwards.... read the OP, the suggested bulb options would require the use of 3 li-ion in series to run right.

Eric