replacement Fenix LOP reflector

Gonzo

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix LOP, and did the ssc P4 mod. According to the directions, in order to keep the throw you have to put a .030" spacer under the LED, and remove .030" from the bottom of the reflector. So I did this, and now there is almost no hotspot, and all flood, so it seems dimmer than original. I should have left the reflector alone. Is there any way to get a replacement?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the .030" rule is for when going from a LuxIII to a Seoul. and using the same reflector. Whenever I put a Seoul in a light, I put everything together before using epoxy or grinding on the reflector. I have found that if the Seoul dome comes up into the reflector with the reflector resting on black base of the LED, you will have a decent beam. The reflector doesn't have to rest on the base, close is good.

Sometimes you have to grind on the reflector so the headcap will be able to screw down on the light a sufficient amount.

Fenix-Store sells replacement OP reflectors.

Last edited:

Gonzo

Newly Enlightened
I haven't been able to find any replacement. The Fenix store only sells AA & CR123 sized reflectors. Would an LOD reflector fit the LOP head if I was able to find one?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't been able to find any replacement. The Fenix store only sells AA & CR123 sized reflectors. Would an LOD reflector fit the LOP head if I was able to find one?

My mistake, I don't know what I was thinking. The LOP is a AAA. :banghead: Maybe someone else can help with the reflector question.