Luma D-Mini vs. D-Mini Digital Q2?

hayhay

Newly Enlightened
Is the $20 difference in price worth it to get the q2 digital d-mini over the regular p4 d-mini?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The D mini would throw further then the E1L.

So if you don't mind waiting and the lack of warranty, go for the DX one. If you want more parts, a warranty, Silver, but a slightly higher price, go for the Batteryjunction one.

hayhay

Newly Enlightened
The D mini would throw further then the E1L.

So if you don't mind waiting and the lack of warranty, go for the DX one. If you want more parts, a warranty, Silver, but a slightly higher price, go for the Batteryjunction one.

Dx is out of the question...but what I really want to know is if it is worth it to get the digital over the original?

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I highly respect Gunner12's knowledgeable opinions in most cases, in this one I have to disagree with him.

Having had both, the main reasons to buy the q2 are the following:

1 (at least on mine) perfect white tint on the q2...purpleish on the origional.
2 The Q2 (if it is the D-mini digital) has a forward switch and three levels of output with a great UI.

Add a 18650 tube and you have a really versitle light. Just my .02....take it for what it is worth.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Having had both, the main reasons to buy the q2 are the following:

1 (at least on mine) perfect white tint on the q2...purpleish on the origional.
2 The Q2 (if it is the D-mini digital) has a forward switch and three levels of output with a great UI.

Add a 18650 tube and you have a really versitle light. Just my .02....take it for what it is worth.

Good point, the forward clickie isn't available in the P4 light. The UI is also pretty simple(not strobe, sos, or modes you probably won't use).

It's up to you to decide if the UI and Forward clickie is worth the extra money.