When did Surefire start putting their logo on the side of the flashlight bodies?

dmz

Enlightened
When did Surefire start putting their logo on the side of the flashlight bodies? Did the older Surefire bodies just have the model number on it?

Retinator

Enlightened
What gets me with the logo imprint, is that if you turn (rotate) the light the other side is upside down.

You have to turn the light (bezel on left) to the right to view the other side properly. Weird. Oh well.

It's like the difference between US & Can coins. US coints you 'flip' vertically to view the opposite end rightside up. Can coints, you turn sideways. Ahhh forget the explaination, get a pair of coins and see for yourself :) Getting dizzy thinking about it :)

saber

Newly Enlightened
My old-style round bodied 6P has no markings on the body. Written around the button of the tail cap is "Laser Products Fountain Valley, CA" or something (it's not in front of me right now). I think I bought this 6P in 2001.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The etching can be the 'wrong way up' when a left-handed person takes over the etching for a shift. SureFire have tried to fire left-handed staff to prevent this from happening but it seems something sinister has been getting in their way.

SureFire made the decision to ensure their brand logo was on their products, where possible about the same time PK started at SureFire which was in the mid-to-late 90's I believe.
The change at the millennium, and the introduction of the new (current) SureFire logo set the standard for this.

Al

Patriot

Flashaholic
It's like the difference between US & Can coins. US coints you 'flip' vertically to view the opposite end rightside up. Can coints, you turn sideways. Ahhh forget the explaination, get a pair of coins and see for yourself :) Getting dizzy thinking about it :)

No..no...it's all good. I followed what you were saying. ;)

generic808

Enlightened
It's funny how 2 of my 6P bodies have reverse upside down etching, while my 6P Defender is right side up :shrug:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a righteous lefty myself, and I work for the 'British Government' not SureFire.

They say that only one in ten people are lefties. I'd hope that more than 10% of readers realise I'm kidding!

Al :p

Don't worry Al I think everyone knew. Pretty funny.

Bill

MetalZone

Newly Enlightened
What gets me with the logo imprint, is that if you turn (rotate) the light the other side is upside down.

You have to turn the light (bezel on left) to the right to view the other side properly. Weird. Oh well.

You know, I happen to realize this today on my L1 too.
I'm a righty. The etching L1 DIGITAL LUMAMAX is the right way up. But the other side with the words SureFire is the wrong way up.

Size15's Purple A2 is a Lefty! At least on one side though.