Lightbulb shortage???

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I was sitting in the computer room typing, the news was on in the livingroom. I could have sworn that I heard one of the reporters state that the troops in his assigned unit were running out of lightbulbs for their flashlights... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif As they were under light restrictions, he indicated that it wasn't yet a problem.

GAAAArrrrrgghhhh........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif When will the world realize that LEDs are superior for most low-light-level tactical lighting solutions. Surefires, 2-D GI crook-necks and mags all have a place but it doesn't take 20-60 lumens to check inside your ruck!!!

Can someone substantiate that they heard it too?

I'm just glad I sent my wife off with a great supply of batts and led lights. Since she's covered in the led aspect, I hope she has enought batts. Other than what was already in the lights, she took 4-D's, 24 AA's, 8-AAA's, 4-AAAA's and 5 Photon batts split between two bags.

I'm glad I had enough of everything to split between the two of us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

-Jason

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Yep, I heard that drivel this evening also. Sadly, on several stations, they were spouting the same type of message, basically "woe is us, no bath in 7 days, had to make my own sock washer maching out of a 2 liter water bottle, lookit this, my flashlight is running out & we don't have any bulbs..." He also started sniveling about having been restricted down to 2 food rations per day. I got the distinct feeling that, that particular reporter does not have a real grip on the situation and was trying to sensationlize the moment. There are a lot of folks in the world, including some in his immediate vicinity that are much worse off. >rant off<
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

ps, Glad to hear that you were able to provide some items that will be useful to her while overseas.

Best Regards,
Lighthouse