Floodier SSC AAA: UF 602C, LF2, or Jet-u ?

glenda17

Enlightened
I picked up a LF3 and it isn't what I expected. It is not floody enough.

I am basically looking for a KD-Bucklelight with better threads. The bucklelight is perfect for my needs.

Which is closest to the KD buckle light in flood and output?
Jet-u, LF2, or UF 602C

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why don't you first try to stick some Scotch Magic tape over the lens of your LF3, it works wonders in diffusing the light. :)

bullterrier

Enlightened
+1 for JET-μ it's a flood light. i have EDC mine sins it was released.
And it locks like hell now with scratches and dents:whistle:

I did buy the new LF2X but i like the
JET-μ better.
Because
it's a flood light and LF2X is a thrower.
But the LF2X is not a bad light it a really good light but i want my EDC to be a flood light.

Last edited:

Tubor

Enlightened
The LF2 SSC P4 is a good flood light on 10440's (even better with the head removed, mind you don't damage the LED though). Or the SSC Buckle light on NiMh. Or the Fenix L0D w/Rebel LED. They don't last very long between charges though (except the LF2 on low).

The larger the head the more "throwy" the beam so that's probably why I'm recommending AAA lights. OP definitely helps.

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't really want to take a 50% hit in output.
I wouldn't either. But Scotch "Magic" tape, matte finish, reduces the total light output by about 12%, which is virtually unnoticeable. And it does do a nice job of diffusing the light.

c_c

glenda17

Enlightened
from searching CPF it looks like the Jet-u is the has closest to KD Buckellight floody beam.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
The original SSC LF2 has a shallow Orange peel reflector and is very floody. The new cree LF2X has a deeper reflector so I doubt it will be floody enough for you.

electrothump

Enlightened
I wouldn't either. But Scotch "Magic" tape, matte finish, reduces the total light output by about 12%, which is virtually unnoticeable. And it does do a nice job of diffusing the light.

c_c

Ha! Glad to see someone else using tape for a diffuser. I also use tape, and sometimes tape with a piece of white paper over the flash when taking closeups with my canon elph. Sure goes to make for a cheap diffuser. And, if you don't it, just chunk it. You'll only be out less than a penny.

DN

glenda17

Enlightened
I bought a Jet-u from the for sale forum, didn't want another Liteflux. The LF3 is nice but I wanted something different.