Surefire discount in other countries

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does surefire's police/military discount work in countries outside u.s., is it up to the retailer or is there an official policy by SF?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Surefire discounts to law enforcement and military are only available in the United States. No foreign discounts....sorry.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know their own le/mil discount is obviously avaliable inside u.s. only, but do they control what their foreign retailers do, like how they control the retail price?

Say if I'm a member of canadian army and want to buy SF, do SF tell the retailers here "no you can't give any discount for any reason", or "yes you can, like how we do it here", or "we don't care, do whatever you want".

Size15's

Flashaholic
Why don't you call SureFire and ask?
You could also call SureFire's Canadian Distributor and ask them.
You could also call a selection of Canadian SureFire Dealers/Retailers and ask them.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I called Surefire today for something else. When I was on hold I saw this thread and asked to be transfered to law enforcement sales after I had finished my business with them. A rep at Law enforcement sales said that they only have discount programs in effect for law enforcement within the USA. I specifically asked about Canada and they said "nope."

I suppose, as Size15s stated, that the Canadian distributor might give a different answer.

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for asking about it for me. I asked here because I was hoping someone would have experience with it (there must be someone here who's a cop/soldier outside u.s.?). If I call SF directly I doubt most if not all of their reps would know about their policy outside u.s., and any retailer here may not be upfront about it since that's less money they'd make.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Thanks for asking about it for me. I asked here because I was hoping someone would have experience with it (there must be someone here who's a cop/soldier outside u.s.?). If I call SF directly I doubt most if not all of their reps would know about their policy outside u.s., and any retailer here may not be upfront about it since that's less money they'd make.

You're very welcome. I was going to include the details in my first post but was on the phone so I just typed what I could. I would call them just to see if you get the same answer though. The number is 800-828-8809. Outside the US is 714-545-9444.

Zenster

Enlightened
Many Surefire dealers actual do discount Surefires, but do it with the well known trick of offering "free" batteries and shipping with the light.

For example, it's not hard to find a Surefire model that might "list" for $85 to $90, but the dealer will offer it with up to 10 free batteries PLUS free shipping.
If you figure just $1.25/ea for the batteries and maybe $8.95 for the value of shipping, that means that you're getting that $85 Surefire for an "effective" price of around $64.00.

You know you'll need the batteries since all Surefires run on CR123's, and you know that you'd be paying shipping for most other lights, so $64 for an $85 Surefire isn't a bad discount (it seems to me).
It's also a nice gesture on the part of the dealer to figure out a way to give you a "discount" on something that the manufacturer doesn't allow discounted pricing.