Fenix TK10 RECALL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TallNHairyDave

Newly Enlightened
3RD APRIL 2008 - PLEASE SEE 4SEVEN'S POST IN THIS THREAD ABOUT THE "LOOSE HEAD" ISSUE WITH SOME TK10s. HE HAS CLARIFIED THAT THERE IS NOT A RECALL.

--------------------------------------------------------

Bit of news just reached me from Doc @ Glowgadgets.co.uk (he just rang me about a return I was needing to do on a Nite Ize pouch from my last order with him).

Fenix have told him to withdraw the TK10 from sale. :eek: Here's the notice he's put up on his store about it...

* * IMPORTANT NOTICE * *

There have been some TK10's with a manufacturing fault with the 1st batch!

When unscrewed, the reflector within the dual power Head unit may come loose and on tightening the head, it will not close.

If you have a TK10, please check for this, if the fault is present, return it to your supplier right away.

Fenix are working on it, I will keep you informed

FENIX HAVE TOLD ME TO MAKE TK10 UNAVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Last edited:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this vendor-wide? i got one from the photon shop, and i just took the head off, and started tapping it on the desk, jiggling it around, and theres no sign of the reflector budging or anything. Is it a fault with all of the first batch? i mean the way they were doing something? or a freak flaw with some of them where its screwed from the get go?

Any info would be useful Thanks.

TallNHairyDave

Newly Enlightened
come on april fool was yesterday, if this is true a lot of people will be dissapointed.

When I spoke to Doc just now he said that he only just got the news from Fenix.

No press release about it on Fenix's site though, so don't know if it's vendor wide or only to vendors who've received stock that Fenix has identified falls in the "bad" batch.

Certainly didn't sound like a late april fools when I was talking to Doc, he sounded really p*ssed off about it - he's said he's been waiting months for them to come into stock and now he's been told to not sell them.

Last edited:

TallNHairyDave

Newly Enlightened
Is this vendor-wide? i got one from the photon shop, and i just took the head off, and started tapping it on the desk, jiggling it around, and theres no sign of the reflector budging or anything. Is it a fault with all of the first batch? i mean the way they were doing something? or a freak flaw with some of them where its screwed from the get go?

Any info would be useful Thanks.

Doc said it was a fault with some of the first batch and if your light had the problem then send it back to your supplier.

I'm guessing it might only be a small number that are bad and it's a freak flaw from go? I've got no idea what's going on with them, just thought I'd pass on the message from Doc and the notice he's put on his store.

Also, Doc's notice only went up on his store on 2nd April 2008

Last edited:

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it's still on their site today - the day after April fools. A vendor would have to really like their jokes to stop selling a hot new product for a joke too. Key words seem to be "Some" and "may come loose." I'm sure there will be 23 other Tk10 defect threads spelling out what to look for, as the issue develops...hopefully with more sombrero wearing lights.
:popcorn:

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
Are you sure this is not a post April fool's day joke? I sure hope it's a joke, if this is true I could see alot of people getting red faced now.

Last edited:

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
I'm not seeing any announcement to this effect on any sites of North American vendors selling the TK10. That may be seen as encouraging.

Last edited:

greenstuffs

Banned
Things like this happens, Chinese lights are to be known as bananaware where they ship out the light and let the buyer discover the bugs then issue a 2nd batch with fix.

Are you sure this is not a post April fool's day joke? I sure hope it's a joke, if this is true I could see alot of people getting red faced now.

magic_elf

Banned
Thats a bot of an over-generalizationg don't u think?

This issue is cleary due to some inconsistencies along the manufacturing line. Don't be so racists, as if American made products are not known to be recalled as well?

This is not a bug as you say, simply cos bugs in the products would affect the entire run of the TK10 and not random samples.

greenstuffs

Banned
How could I be racist if i'm chinese? :shrug:
Thats a bot of an over-generalizationg don't u think?

This issue is cleary due to some inconsistencies along the manufacturing line. Don't be so racists, as if American made products are not known to be recalled as well?

This is not a bug as you say, simply cos bugs in the products would affect the entire run of the TK10 and not random samples.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
The issue is not racism here, its generalizing, because its been known in the past by chinese brands, hes saying its the norm, well thats not guarenteed to be true. If someone tampers with babyfood and puts razerblades in it, you cant say that all baby food is unsafe..

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Until I see this information posted on Fenix-store.com, or hear this from 47's, I'm not going to give it much credibility. If this is some kind of joke, the OP should be banished. There seems to be a few newer (low post count) accounts attacking Fenix lately.

Also if this is a joke, haha, but a joke shouldn't encourage people to flood a company with emails. CPF has been alerted to this post due to the nature of it trying to organize people to harass a company.

Last edited:

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
The issue is not racism here, its generalizing, because its been known in the past by chinese brands, hes saying its the norm, well thats not guarenteed to be true. If someone tampers with babyfood and puts razerblades in it, you cant say that all baby food is unsafe..

Food is very different from this, believe me. If one item of food is tainted the whole btach goes to the trash. Guys don't get me wrong with what I'm about to say ok, but this is what I was talking about some of my earlier post. For what's it worth, after all said and done, I hope this issue of recall is not true.

greenstuffs

Banned

Well having bought 3 lights and 2 of them had bugs so i'd stick with my generalization. Jetbeam wasn't working properly, the Raidfire's switch was faulty I'm not going to jump early anymore fool me once...

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Until I see this information posted on Fenix-store.com, or hear this from 47's, I'm not going to give it much credibility. If this is some kind of joke, the OP should be banished. There seems to be a few newer (low post count) accounts attacking Fenix lately.

Also if this is a joke, haha, but a joke shouldn't encourage people to flood a company with emails. CPF has been alerted to this post due to the nature of it trying to organize people to harass a company.
There is not a product-wide "recall" from Fenix. They did not ask us to
withhold shipping of the tk10's. Even if they did, it would be too late
because we shipped everything out already.

We did get a service memo regarding SOME of the tk10's that didn't have
enough loctite and the head would unscrew instead of activating the
two stage mode. This is NOT a notice of a recall of all TK10's.

If there are any issues with lights purchased from us, we would be glad to
get it resolved. It's a simply matter of some locktite. Actually, many cpf'ers
have been asking for heads that were not sealed tightly - to which we
said that they are all sealed. Today I went back to the warehouse and
tried to open up 10 of them and they were all sealed tight. I finally
got one open using a vise and wrench. (I was installing a P7 in it)
It was sealed so tight I totally scratched up the finish before I got it open.

A recall is definitely a gross exaggeration. It looks like glowgadgets is
not schedule to get them later (ship date april 8) and it looks like a ploy
to scare customers who already have Tk10's enroute to them :shakehead

Last edited:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Food is very different from this, believe me. If one item of food is tainted the whole btach goes to the trash. Guys don't get me wrong with what I'm about to say ok, but this is what I was talking about some of my earlier post. For what's it worth, after all said and done, I hope this issue of recall is not true.

Its called a metaphor, the content is not important, its the context.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, glowgadgets is almost inciting fear and distrust in the brand, basically if anyone is selling tk10's still go run to fenix quick... Thats so not needed.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Not too bad fellas... 9 posts before you all start bashing Fenix and flaming the chinese.

I'm a noob and don't have much credibility, but can I make a simple request to moderators to keep this discussion clean and strictly on-topic? Topic being... Fenix TK10 recall status.

I have $75 to spend on a new light (YEAH!!) and I want to know the outcome of this, without having to sift through the fanboy dirty laundry.

**edit** Oops I didn't see the reply from 4sevens

Last edited:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dont think glowgadgets would instill fear considering how much Doc loves fenix , but im more interested in how did that P7 in the TK10 work out :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.