Any information on the "Humvee Military Flashlight"? (new info update)

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any information on the "Humvee Military Flashlight"?

Why not just answer "no, thanks!" ?

:crackup:

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

awhile back, i wanted to buy this, but couldnt find any place that had them in stock....

look interesting, i envision a P60/P61 style beam, and a dim 10odd lumens.

I ended up just making my own mod...still i would be in for one if i can find one for a decent price..

Crenshaw

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Last edited:

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't know New Graham Pharmacy Inc. well enough to judge the item by the company. It could be a nice light, or it could be expensive trash. Perhaps one of our serviceman members could weigh in on whether there's any such thing as a crookneck Humvee light?

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened

Just as the Hummer H2 is really a Chevy Tahoe and only appears to be resemble a real Humvee, this flashlight is made to look tactical and cool but is almost certainly not a real military grade piece of equipment.

Caligvla

Newly Enlightened

Why not just answer "no, thanks!" ?

:crackup:

Because with it being made in China you can infer a lot about this product. Some 3rd party company got the licensing rights to the "Humvee" name for the use on a flashlight product and had a bunch of em whipped up in a Chinese factory... the only thing you are paying for is a licensing fee... Humvee had nothing to do with the light or it's design or quality control...

Marduke

Flashaholic

Because with it being made in China you can infer a lot about this product. Some 3rd party company got the licensing rights to the "Humvee" name for the use on a flashlight product and had a bunch of em whipped up in a Chinese factory... the only thing you are paying for is a licensing fee... Humvee had nothing to do with the light or it's design or quality control...

But you still can't infer anything just from where it's made. Would you call an Apple computer or Ipod crap??

Caligvla

Newly Enlightened

Just as the Hummer H2 is really a Chevy Tahoe and only appears to be resemble a real Humvee, this flashlight is made to look tactical and cool but is almost certainly not a real military grade piece of equipment.

At least they are both owned and manufactured by GM, the flashlight is just licensed junk product... GM couldn't care less how they turn out, they got paid so someone could use the name...

I am not saying to not buy the light, just don't have any high expectations...
Remember those Jeep branded boom boxes in the 90s? they looked tough but they were just licensed products and had nothing special or worth while about them...

Size15's

Flashaholic

Give it a rest guys please and get this thread back on topic - the flashlight.

Caligvla

Newly Enlightened

But you still can't infer anything just from where it's made. Would you call an Apple computer or Ipod crap??

It's not a valid comparison Apple is in the Computer and MP3 Business, they care about the quality of their products to a certain point that will generate consumer demand.

GM is not in the flashlight business they licensed the name of one of their brands for some cash and the licensee had the lights made in China... GM could care less how it turns out. A low quality flashlight with the GM name isn't going to hurt Humvee car sales. The licensee paid a lot to use the name they are not serious manufactures of flashlights but just looking to make some cash off of the Humvee name...

Just try to use a little basic business sense when buying a licensed branded product... I would hate for any CPF member to have high expectations over this and be disappointed.

Size15's

Flashaholic

Which part of 'give it a rest' wasn't clear enough? (it's a rhetorical question btw)

Discuss the flashlight in question or the thread closes.

Caligvla

Newly Enlightened

Which part of 'give it a rest' wasn't clear enough? (it's a rhetorical question btw)

Discuss the flashlight in question or the thread closes.

Sorry mate I was in the edit window when your post appeared... I didn't see until after I hit submit reply button... At any rate... not much more to say about it until we hear from someone who actually owns one...