regulated vs overdriven

aggiegrads

Newly Enlightened
I am considering selling my A2 to finance an ROP or 1111 build in a 2D Mag. Since both of these bulbs are overdriven by 6 AA cells, I am making the assumption that they will produce bright, white light. How long will these bulbs "stay" over driven with NiMH cells such as Eneloops?

If the runtime in either of these combinations is longer than the A2, I feel OK about letting the A2 go. My main beef with the A2 is that most of the time, I would the A2 in low mode, and it is just too big for a 3 lumen light. I can use an Arc AAA or E01 if I need a low level LED.

kavvika

Enlightened
Here's my $.02. There is nothing like the A2 on the market; never has and probably never be. It is the only pocket-sized regulated incan. And thanks to the Sportsman Warehouse clearance sale, the A2's no longer bring the resale value they used to. So unless you have a 4-flats or black finish, you'd be luck to get more than $100 selling it.

On the other hand, Magmods are damn impressive. I just received my first-run FM 700L in the mail today, and I can honestly say I'd pick this light over my Sams Club HID. The 2C and FM 1.5D are both very nice form factors, so I'd choose your mod based on one of those platforms.

A 2D ROP hi with 6 Eneloops will last about 25 minutes, and stay pretty white for the entire time. Once it starts to dim, it will do so rapidly, and you'll know it's time to charge the cells.