My mother is having a hip operation today. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My mother has a hip operation scheduled for this morning; so I didn't sleep well last night. :(
I'm not certain whether this operation is a repair or a replacement, and I also do not know if it is just one hip or both of them.

I guess I'm just asking for your prayers and support that she makes a speedy & full recovery.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prayers & well wishes. :)

Hey Craig -- I am sure you know that although a hip operation is somewhat invasive, because it's so very commonly performed the doctors can perform it with a superbly high degree of confidence. No need to sleep poorly, though I certainly understand that of course. I am sure your mom will come through it well and it'll all be for the better when it's over.

I hear that getting back to walking, building the muscles, and working on keeping up a full range of motion is key to a long term recovery.

nbp

Flashaholic
I believe the success rate with that type of surgery is very high; when my grandma had her hip replaced about two years ago, I think they had her up and moving around the very next day! Just encourage mom to do all the recommended excercises from her doctor. They're critical to fast and thorough recovery. Best Wishes!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Sending positive healing thoughts for your mom! I second Nick's recommendation about the exercise. As long as she keeps up with that she'll be back on the disco floor in no time.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.