Fenix L1D with 14500

Centropolis

Enlightened
I recently bought a L1D body and put my tailcap and head from L2D Q5 on the L1D body. I understand that with this setup I can use one 14500 with this light. My question is, has anyone run a 14500 in turbo mode for a period of time like 15 or 20 mins and has anyone have issues with it heating up too much?

Also, with the L2D Q5 on turbo it's around 180 lumens. The L1D with one AA is about 120....is the L1D with one 14500 about 180? Just roughly.....

Marduke

Flashaholic
A Li-Ion 14500 in the L1D will only give you turbo and strobe mode. You loose the lower modes. 3.7-4.2v is too high and sends the light into overdrive (turbo only)

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take off the tailcap, put another battery on top of the one already in there, and short between the tail of that battery and the battery tube. That's how bright it'll be.

Centropolis

Enlightened
Take off the tailcap, put another battery on top of the one already in there, and short between the tail of that battery and the battery tube. That's how bright it'll be.

I've just tried putting in a 14500 in my L1D as it finished charging. I was disappointed with the results. It was not a significant increase in brightness. I am hoping to get a Jetbeam IBS and hopefully by better.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just tried putting in a 14500 in my L1D as it finished charging. I was disappointed with the results. It was not a significant increase in brightness. I am hoping to get a Jetbeam IBS and hopefully by better.

It'll be pretty hard to discern between 120 and 180 lumens, especially with such a gap while you change the battery. If you had them side-by-side, it'd be more apparent.

Lermite

Newly Enlightened
It'll be pretty hard to discern between 120 and 180 lumens, especially with such a gap while you change the battery. If you had them side-by-side, it'd be more apparent.
The buttons A, B, C and D select each of the four available views.
That means you can see until four beamshots simultaneously.
Same player, let's try again ;-)

Lermite

Newly Enlightened
I love that great big red X that pops up when using the L1D Q5 in any mode other than Turbo...:laughing:
This X may need some explanations.
Its replaced the missing shots.
A shots can miss for several reasons:
- The light don't manage correctly the mode, by flickering (P3D in turbo with a 17670) or remaining in direct drive (every mode becomes turbo with a 14500 is a L1D, so switching mode is useless).
- The heat protection of the light triggers too fastly (wildly modded RC-T5)
- The shots has not been made for some unexcusable reason (lack of time, laziness...) :whistle:

lumenal

Enlightened
This X may need some explanations.
Its replaced the missing shots.
(every mode becomes turbo with a 14500 is a L1D, so switching mode is useless).

Thanks Lermite - I own an L1D and I knew that, my previous post now reflects this...

I just spent more time at your site - very innovative and original!

By the way - do you live in an underground city!?! :laughing:

Lermite

Newly Enlightened
I just spent more time at your site - very innovative and original!
Thanks!

By the way - do you live in an underground city!?! :laughing:
No, I just live into a wild country, away from cities.
I go into dark places to be able to make beamshots quietly.
The cave is near a friend's home. The lights I tested in it are more numerous because they are both my friend's and mines.
The wall is mine. I made less shots on it because I had only my own lights, but the "centered wall" has the Wold Eyes Storm Q5 (wich the cave don't have) and the "uncentered wall" has in more the Liteflux LF2X Q5.

Last edited: