New P7 Flashlight on DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigsy

Enlightened
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=195784

This thread will also be locked no doubt.

We have to talk about new lights in 'Good deals' for some odd reason which has yet to be explained to me. I have no idea how the mods expect people to know this.

Maybe they will get bored of closing threads and change the name of the 'Good deals' forum so it actually makes sense to post this stuff in there...OR let us talk about them in here which also seems quite logical.

Last edited:

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does seem odd- you draw attention to a new product which you want to discuss, and the thread gets locked and you're told to post it in good deals?

mighty82

Enlightened
Yes it's annoying to me too. I read 3 different threads one night about dx lights. The next day they were all closed.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a pointer thread with no content, other than to direct people to the product's listing.

There's no review, no speculation, no content AT ALL other than a link.

That's why these threads are directed to CPF-M.

If I created a thread with a link to a light, with no other content, irregardless of brand, it, too, would be closed and referred to CPF-M.

There's no need for a new pointer thread for every new light posted at the particular retailer, but this behavior seems prevailent with the sight in question, for whatever reason.

It's not a conspiracy, it's a CPF policy.

-dan

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see how this is about a good deal, it's bringing attention to a new flashlight. That's why I come to CPF, to see what's new. This is a new LED flashlight, we should talk about it here in the LED flashlight forum.

I'm still waiting on the other DX P7 light. I think I will wait to hear more about this one. I wish they would list the current that goes to teh emitter.

Bigsy

Enlightened
It's a pointer thread with no content, other than to direct people to the product's listing.

There's no review, no speculation, no content AT ALL other than a link.

That's why these threads are directed to CPF-M.

If I created a thread with a link to a light, with no other content, irregardless of brand, it, too, would be closed and referred to CPF-M.

There's no need for a new pointer thread for every new light posted at the particular retailer, but this behavior seems prevailent with the sight in question, for whatever reason.

It's not a conspiracy, it's a CPF policy.

-dan
Kind of makes a mockery of this forums sticky threads does it not...

eg: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=193993
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=193992

If you can make a case for them not to be posted in the good deals forum I'll eat my hat good sir! :D

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
CPF's rule #6 contains these words:

It is very disruptive to the board when gripes take over a thread. Take them off the board in either private messages or email.

It's easy to see how such is the case with this thread. The LED Flashlights forum is not about admiistrative issues or moderator concerns. Regardless of whether this thread would have survived as anything other than a pointer to a new deal discovered at a vendor's site, is a little irrelevant at this point. The thread has been irreparably damaged by the hijacked theme that has turned it into a violation of the rules. The thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.