Malkoff M60 Inbound - Please Recommend A Host

Playa4Life

Newly Enlightened
Hello CPFers. Long time lurker and first time poster here. Thanks for rekindling my old flashlight fascination.

I read a number glowing reviews of the Surefire E1B on the forums about a month ago, so I decided to give a new CREE-based Surefire light a try and ordered one from Battery Junction. Now I'm hooked. What a freaking awesome little flashlight. Since then I've acquired a LumaPower Incendio, and a new Surefire L1 (to be delivered on Wednesday).

Earlier this afternoon I was perusing the forums (as I am wont to do these days), and noticed a thread singing the praises of the Malkoff M60 drop in. It was mentioned that they can be difficult to acquire, but luckily they were in stock so I ordered one. Now all I need is a flashlight to put it in. I am tempted to order a tried and true Surefire 6P from Battery Junction (I have gotten consistently good customer service from them BTW), but I am curious if any of the enlightened forum members here might have other suggestions. Thanks in advance for your input! :twothumbs

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I have mine in a S/F 9p you get about 45min more runtime then if you put it in a 6p and it has some nice heft to it.

umc

Enlightened
6P is a good option but I'm partial to my first ever Surefire and that is the C2 so I would suggest that as well and in the flavor of HAIII.

I currently have one of my M60's in that light but it will be switched out of my EDC rotation once it's HAIII brother gets here this week.:)

Playa4Life

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. I was actually looking for the C2 in HAIII over at Battery Junction but they don't seem to stock it. They have the C2 in Black and the C2L in HAIII is "Coming Soon". Even if they had the C2L in stock it would seem silly to pay extra for an LED that I am just going to replace. Kind of why I am not that interested in the G2L.

Wish they made the 6P with a HAIII finish.

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would get a Z2...
much nicer grip then the 6P IMHO.....

:welcome:

umc

Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. I was actually looking for the C2 in HAIII over at Battery Junction but they don't seem to stock it. They have the C2 in Black and the C2L in HAIII is "Coming Soon". Even if they had the C2L in stock it would seem silly to pay extra for an LED that I am just going to replace. Kind of why I am not that interested in the G2L.

Wish they made the 6P with a HAIII finish.

Yeah, I hear ya on the C2 in HAIII being out of stock at batteryjunction.com. I have two C2's and both are the glossy black HAII finish and since batteryjunction.com was out on the HAIII I ordered from lapolicegear.com who did have it in stock and who I've dealt with before and got great service from so you may want to take a look over there.

I was thinking the same thing with the C2L or G2L as I would probably put the M60 in there but that P60L could be used as a backup to the M60 or used for a regular 6P or G2 down the road.....

precisionworks

Flashaholic
One of my M60's is in a 6PD with two-level twisty (Sandwich Shoppe mod) ... having a low around 30 lumens is a great companion to a high at 240 lumens. If you drop something small in the grass, the high setting is blinding:faint:

My other M60 is in a 6P with standard SF twistie. To me, the 6P body has a great feel & plenty of grip, and is tough as nails.

FWIW, all four of my M60LL's are in G2 hosts, making it easy to grab what is needed.

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
One of my M60's is in a 6PD with two-level twisty (Sandwich Shoppe mod) ... having a low around 30 lumens is a great companion to a high at 240 lumens. If you drop something small in the grass, the high setting is blinding:faint:

My other M60 is in a 6P with standard SF twistie. To me, the 6P body has a great feel & plenty of grip, and is tough as nails.

FWIW, all four of my M60LL's are in G2 hosts, making it easy to grab what is needed.
Nice set up, where did you get the 2 level twisty?

TooSharp

Newly Enlightened
I got one C2 from the Market Place and one from Ebay. $95 NIP shipped from Ebay. You can pick a 6P up from ebay for around $45. I also picked up a G2 for around $35. Just watch the feedback rating.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
where did you get the 2 level twisty?
In the CPF Marketplace ... brand new modified tailcap for $40. The kit came from The Sandwich Shoppe, located under CPF Custom Builders & Modders. On a lower powered light, this would be OK, with the M60 it adds a lot of versatility.

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the CPF Marketplace ... brand new modified tailcap for $40. The kit came from The Sandwich Shoppe, located under CPF Custom Builders & Modders. On a lower powered light, this would be OK, with the M60 it adds a lot of versatility.
oh, THAT one, thats a good find...almost wanted to buy it...

Crenshaw

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got a Malkoff in the air with just this build in mind. C2 HA, McGizmo 2 stage tailcap rig and a 17670 Li-ion or 2xCR123s. I'm looking to have a walking around brightness low for regular use and then full tilt for when I want to reach out and touch something. Might throw on a pop off diffuser for good measure.

-LT