Please help me choose a AA and AAA EDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

liteMANIAC

Newly Enlightened
I own a Fenix L1P and a FFIII. I am looking to get some new lights with the new LEDS that have come out recently. So many lights have come out since I got my last lights. I am trying to catch up and read about them but its so overwhelming.

I am looking to buy a AA and a AAA flashlight. I will be using rechargables. I would prefer a floodier beam, kind of like the FFIII. It has some throw but good spill. From what I read, I think I would prefer a rebel because it has better colour rendition at night but wouldnt mind if it was a cree. Multi output would be nice, a high, med and low would be good. It needs to be waterproof.

What would be my best choices??

:thanks:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
AAA Fenix L0D Q4.

AA Fenix L1T v2.0 or L1D Q5.

L1T is being changed from RB 80 to Q2 LEDs so depending on dealer you may get one or the other or a choice. Fenix also reintroduced the forward clicky switch in the latest batch.
L1T loosen head low, tighten head high.

L1D is slightly brighter because of the Q5 LED.
L1D loosen head low, tighten head turbo.
In low soft touch the switch > medium > high > SOS.
In turbo soft touch the switch > strobe.

I assume you know where to get a Fenix flashlight, CPF discount codes etc.

EDIT
Get the OP reflector if you can (L1T Q2, L1D Q5). Softens the artifacts (dark ring around the hotspot) and make the light a bit floodier.

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
The L1p is an improvement on its successors. If you want a light with a more modern led, get a Seoul P4 and mod your L1p with it.

DM51

Flashaholic
There are quite a few threads in this forum with very similar queries, and a further thread will only lead to confusion and cross-posting. I'll close this one - please continue in one of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.