question about the Fenix 4in1 powerpack for those who have one

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 4in1 powerpack comes with a L1D body and P2D body/head.

They also come with tails as well, right? In other words, the L1D body has a tail on it, and the P2D body has the tail on it as well, right? Or is the L1D and P2D sharing the same tail? Since they share the same head can they share the same tail?

Thanks for anyone who knows for sure.

OCDGearhead

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I just bought one. L1D/P2D bodies with tail caps and battery cap for body not in use. Essentialy, you have a Premium P2D + a spare body that runs double AA's.
I love it. Both configurations are far better than anything I have yet owned. Also includes a diffuser that is pretty effective.

Killer deal.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
cool thanks. So the heads are compatible, but the tails are not compatible between the L1D and P2D, right?

OCDGearhead

Newly Enlightened
Both tails are compatible with the P2D head that comes in the pack.
I mistakenly thought the new P2D Q5 Cree "premium" had brighter specs and ordered one. It came Friday and is identical to what is packeged in the combo pack and is clearly labeled as a Q5 light (whatever that means). I have ordered a few Ultrafire's to compare to it (all stainless steel models) and a couple others for good measure...

It seems I have picked up yet another toy obsession.

lengendcpf

Enlightened
:oops:
The 4in1 powerpack comes with a L1D body and P2D body/head.

They also come with tails as well, right? In other words, the L1D body has a tail on it, and the P2D body has the tail on it as well, right? Or is the L1D and P2D sharing the same tail? Since they share the same head can they share the same tail?

Thanks for anyone who knows for sure.

The package consists of:

1. Premium Q5 head.

2. The L1D body comes with a tail that can be unscrewed. Separates into 2 pieces.

3. The P2D body, is a whole piece, ie. body and tail.( meaning the tail can't be unscrewed.)===sorry, my mistake. it can be unscrewed. refer to my #10 reply.

4. White diffuser.

5. Battery cap that can be screwed on L1D or P2D for carrying the battery inside.

6. 2 X packets(1 packet have 2 o-rings, 1 lanyard)

7. Small holster for carrying the L1D or P2D configuration.

Fenix-store no stocks already, maybe other dealers still have it. Overall, it's very worth the money to get so many things at one price.

Last edited:

lengendcpf

Enlightened
The tailcap on P2D can be unscrewed, also one the one your get in the power pack.
The P1D is the model without a tailcap!

Ok, i just tried. Sorry. it can be unscrewed.
Mine was too tight, that's why when i received it. i tried and till just now, i have the false impression that it is a whole piece.

That's why i like cpf, always something new to learn..

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a quick update on the 4in1. I got it from Lighthound super fast, and I've been EDCing the L1D every day. I still love the L2D but it stays at home or car unless I am taking an extended trip or going somewhere remote.

Thanks all again for the info. Very useful!! :twothumbs

Oh and to OCDGearhead: :welcome::welcome:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
For carry in the included belt holster (or the task force flap top I carry mine in) the L1D is a better size, and runs free on NimH.

I only make it a P2D if I wish to pocket it or show it off.