Any Hardy CR2 based Flashlights for a weapon?

FlyPenFly

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking of getting a CR2 battery based LED flashlight to mount on a 9mm AR-15 rifle. Since it's 9mm, the recoil is pretty light but nonetheless a hardier light is more appreciated than brightness.

I want a CR2 based light to have battery commonality with a red dot type optic.

I need it to have a 1" diameter to fit on weapon mounts.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlyPenFly, have you checked out the CR2 Ion from Photons International? What switching mechanism do you require?

Here we go, here is a link to the CR2 Ion replacement... the Aeon, made by CPF member Endeavor

Last edited:

FlyPenFly

Newly Enlightened
Clicky would be great. What's the body diameter on the utlrafire and where can I buy the Aeon?

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't suppose the ultrafire wf-606a will meet your needs?

The WF-606a has a reverse clicky but it can be swapped with the forward clicky of the Romisen RC-G2 and apparently works well too! I tried to find the link but can't now.

FlyPenFly

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately, all the light mounts for piccatinny rails require a 1" body.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
I believe you can find mounts smaller than 1". I know I have recently seen a mount for 16-19mm (~0.62-0.75") lights. It sticks in my memory because of the variable sizing.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, all the light mounts for piccatinny rails require a 1" body.

and why my friend do you want a CR2 light? Especially when you are moving away from the cylindrical form factor with the RC-G2 and Ultrafire 606?

You should be better setup like this

Hope I was of help, Kostas

ETA. there might be a chance you could place a WF-501 tape switch in the 606 tailcap...but I do not have my 606 handy to check for you...

Last edited:

Meltdown

Enlightened
I have a source for good 3/4" diameter light/laser picatinny mounts if anyone is curious pm me.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
We stock 3/4" picatinny mounts: http://www.batteryjunction.com/fab-def.html

CR2 lights are pretty few and far beween...if you find a CR123A light you like you can probably mod it (battery tube) to run on CR2's but be careful to find one that runs at a low enough current that you don't exceed the safe discharge rates for the CR2 battery.