Had a chance to play with the SF E2DL today.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone who has seen my posts regarding the E1B knows how impressed I was with this Optics light. At 20 tp 50 yards my personal opinion is lumen for lumen the SF Optics give better performance than my reflector lights. The way the focused spot opens up on the optics lights is just perfect for distance.

When I handled the E2DL today at my local vendor, it was exactly the same as the E1B only BRIGHTER. I had no intentions of buying one, but now that I am home without it I am thinking about going back tomorrow. My only gripe is the teeth on the switch end. I did not care for that at all. I would have to pick up a Z61 tail cap or use my E2e twist cap. I like to pocket my lights and the crenelated end does not lend itself to pocket carry in my opinion. I also like my lights as small as possible.

If you like the E1B don't check out the E2DL unless your prepared to spend more money.

Bill

Last edited:

cv3po

Banned
My only gripe is the teeth on the switch end. I did not care for that at all. I would have to pick up a Z61 tail cap or use my E2e twist cap. I like to pocket my lights and the crenelated end does not lend itself to pocket carry in my opinion. I also like my lights as small as possible.
Bill

+1 on that! I'm (im)patiently waiting for a "standard" version of this light. I love the levels, the UI (I have an E1B) and the output but the silly looking, pocket shredding ends TOTALLY puts me off.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my single level E2DL. It is brighter than my "170 lumens" Wolf-Eyes Defender II and it throws like s**t!

Chadder

Enlightened
To late for the warning. I went to my local vendor to get a second E1b and walked out with the E2DL. I have had it for a week now and absolutely love it!!

SureAddicted

Enlightened
I to am very impressed with the E1B and how far optics have come. It sounds like you really want the E2DL, and you really cant go wrong with it. Pack it with RCR's, and it will pay for itself in not time. The E2DL will be my next light, anyone who has played or owns a E1B will find it very hard not to own a E2DL, or at least the head of a E2DL.

I'm assuming the E1B and E2DL will have similar throw, but having 40 extra lumens of brightness is welcome. You know your going to get it, I look forward to your review of it. :)

Steve

blinder switch

Newly Enlightened
Likewise. Post some pics for us to drool over :naughty:

Here are my 2 E2Ds and my 2 brand new E2DLs for you to see uspc e2. I really like all of these, but the dual output E2DLs are far more powerful than I was expecting and that 5 lumens is very useful also I am finding. I love them.

SureAddicted- I also have a brand new E1B and it's states 80 lumens on high, but I would swear mine is more than that. As a matter of fact the E1B is hard to tell the difference on full power from my E2DLs.

These are being added to my EDC selection, but I still seem to use one of my L1's (2nd Generation) more than these new masterpieces. I am adding one of my E2DLs more and more for EDC.

blinder switch

e2ds.jpg

EV_007

Enlightened
If the E1B puts out as much light for its size, I can't imagine how much more the E2DL would kick out the front.

I'm trying my best to resist.

uspc_e2

Newly Enlightened
LOL everyone is trying to resist huh. I can't wait no more as well. I'm going to order tonight. damn surefire...irresistable. :devil:

Snipe315

Newly Enlightened
Well I picked up a 2 level E2D LED after handling it and the new E1B.

I also changed out the tailcap for the Z61.

And I found that the perfect carry case for me is the one that came with my Fenix P3D. :thinking:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I just got it home. It's brighter and whiter than my E1B which I love, and it came with two SureFire batteries installed. My E1B didn't have a battery included.

At first glance it sure looks like a homerun. I'm not sure about the tailcap though. I'm going to give it a fair chance over the next few days and if I don't like it I will purchase the Z61.

I can't wait till tonight to try her out.

Bill

Nathan

Enlightened
I've VERY happy with my E2DL. Throw is very impressive. You really have to take it outside to appreciate it.
I just haven't had time to bore out the body to take a 17670.

mspeterson

Enlightened
Well I just got it home. It's brighter and whiter than my E1B which I love, and it came with two SureFire batteries installed. My E1B didn't have a battery included.

At first glance it sure looks like a homerun. I'm not sure about the tailcap though. I'm going to give it a fair chance over the next few days and if I don't like it I will purchase the Z61.

I can't wait till tonight to try her out.

Bill

Cool Bill! I just got mine this evening as well and would have to say that Surefire hit a Grand Slam with this new crop of lights! Can't help but wonder that if the E2DL is this bright, what's the Optimus got cooking?!

Gotta love having BrightGuy close!!!(or not...:thinking:;)) This batch has excellent tints, makes my E1B look purple (which by itself it looks white). I've been using a Z68 on my E1B, that may be another option if you don't like the E2DL tailcap... I like the lanyard holes and tail standing ability myself. :twothumbs