ASP flashlights

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is anybody familiar with these lights? I was just at a shop here in Jacksonville NC, and they had three. Two of them are labelled Tunsten I and II. They used one and two CR123a's hence the name. Both had a Cree LED and were rated at 70 and 90 lumens output. There was a third model that used 2 CR123a's that was rated at 240 lumens and had three Crees in its head. I believe it was called the Triad. The light was about the size of a Surefire 6P. All three looked to be very well made.

Mike

shakeylegs

Enlightened
I have the Triad. It's bright, solidly built though the threads are coarse, and uses a proprietary bulb assembly which I've never seen available (although I haven't looked all that hard :green:).

KEN TYE

Newly Enlightened
FYI . you are looking for the ASP TRIAD II . it is a 3 CREE XR-E head , 2 CR123 or CGR17670HG lion . rated for 135 lm. goes for $185.00, the old TRIAD was incan.

Mike 208

Enlightened
I have 3 ASP lights: 2 "Triads" (both incandesent, one has the "internal" focus) and 1 "Tungsten 2." I like the Tungsten; it's very bright with good throw. I really like the clip and the 3 position tailcap (lock-out, intermittent and "forward" click). I understand another tailcap (forward click only) is also available on both Tungsten 1 and 2 models. They are expensive lights, but to me it was worth the money. The Tungsten is my usual EDC.