Help.. I cant get my HDS Bezel off...

Tessaiga

Enlightened
A Little Red Dot 1 degree North of the Equator
I've read most of the HDS threads, I've tried the mouse pad, the bottom of my trainers, tried with a piece of metal across the bezel and into the opposite grooves, didn't even budge.... only ended up scratching the grooves..

Anymore ideas????

I'm in singapore btw... a place whee its tough to get special tools and stuff...

anyone got a simple idea that'll work??

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read most of the HDS threads, I've tried the mouse pad, the bottom of my trainers, tried with a piece of metal across the bezel and into the opposite grooves, didn't even budge.... only ended up scratching the grooves..

Anymore ideas????

I'm in singapore btw... a place whee its tough to get special tools and stuff...

anyone got a simple idea that'll work??

You're sure you're twisting the right way? Counter-clockwise to open. The best way is still the mouse pad. Make sure you supply (a lot of) downward pressure on the light as your turn it to open it. Think metal child proof medicine bottle.

Has it suffered any drops? That will make it tougher. That's why with any HDS I ALWAYS get a new SS or Ti bezel because 1 drop might deform the head.

Also if you're just trying to open it you might be able to unscrew the module from the back.

Patriot

Flashaholic
It seems that some are cake are some are a pain. In the end I used bare vice grips on might and then threw it into the wash behind me because I was mad at it. Putting a nice SS bezel and UCL lens on that light was a great upgrade and I've very glad that I did it. I despised the black bezel. It was a cosmetic ugly duckling on the natural HA light, imo.