$100-$200 Longest throw?

righty

Newly Enlightened
I would like to buy the led light with the longest throw for $100-$200. It would be for night hunting. Size is not much of a factor. I just want the longest distance I can buy in a hand held flashlight for under $200.

I am looking at the malkoff devices for the 6 cell maglite.

I would also like the ability to mount an IR filter if possible.

Righty

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to buy the led light with the longest throw for $100-$200.
Don't think there is one(LED) that throws more than this. I will be ready to sell these shortly.
FYI If you need IR you may want to look at incandescents instead. Of course I might be able to put an IR emmitter in it as well. I will have to look into that.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
White LEDs produce no IR light, so you'll have to go with either an incan, HID(how much IR do HIDs produce?), or a separate IR LED light.

If size doesn't matter, I'd look at some of the cheaper HID lights like the N30 mentioned above.

If you want LED and don't mind buying a separate IR light, the best throwing stock LED light in your price range is the Dereelight DBS.

How far do you need the light to throw?

:welcome:

righty

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a universal Malkoff device from Gene today.

I like the flexibility with the c or d maglite, and my choice of cells.

I am looking at running a 2D to 6AA adapter or buying 1/2 D cells and running 6 in my 3D maglite.

This may not be the farthest throw, but it should be durable and work for night hunting.

Righty

Nos

Enlightened
Don't think there is one(LED) that throws more than this. I will be ready to sell these shortly.
FYI If you need IR you may want to look at incandescents instead. Of course I might be able to put an IR emmitter in it as well. I will have to look into that.

sell "these"?:eek:

BMF

Enlightened
Originally Posted by righty
I would like to buy the led light with the longest throw for $100-$200.
Keep us updated.:thumbsup: