You guys are going to get me in so much trouble

firestarter

Newly Enlightened
I made my first post earlier this week saying that I bought a Juice, a Vapor and a Scorpion. After reading around here some more I already have a Leek in my hand(cool little knife) and an E2e on the way. I'm scared to see what's next.

But I think it might be a G2 with a 120 lumen lamp. Good decision?

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: You guys are going to get me in so much troubl

Fiscal irresponsibilty is a totally American trait and that makes me one hell of a patriotic guy. Enjoy your new toys Firestarter I couldn't tell you how many times in my life I've looked at something I bought that was a totally irresponsible purchase and said "Man that was so expensive but dang!, it is sooooo cool!!!". I am definitely old enough to know better but too young to care!

I do still manage to pay my bills though!

Now that you've got two good incans I'd look into the KL1 LED head for the E2e or some other LED for longer runtime on batteries maybe an Arc LS or a mod like a BadBoy for a Minigag. I wonder what everyone else thinks?

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
G2Z would be nicer, plus if you're going to run the 120lumens LA for a long time (above 5 mins) the lexan lens on the G2 might soften and/or melt, but the lens on the G2Z is pyrex (glass) so it won't melt. The grip ring on the G2Z is just plain cool.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, but the G2Z is also double the price of the G2..

I've got a G2Z and like it, but plan on getting a G2 as a spare(like I don't have enough 'spares' already..) because even with the stock LA, its a lot of light for the price.

Graham

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast

I still think you're gonna want something with a longer run time than your Scorpion or E2e they are meant for momentary illumination really and LEDs like the KL1 accessory bezel or an Arc LS while not having the same intensity of light, offer a longer runtime (uses a lot less batteries) and a more broad flood style beam. I myself carry a SF C2 and an Arc AAA LE at most times and I have an Arc LSH-P on the way from Chris at Meridian Tactical. The LED's fill in during the times you don't need as intense of a spot and don't want to run down the batteries in your high intensity Incandescents. I know you are probably high from the realisation of how bright lithium powered Incans are but soon you'll realise the need for a smaller less intense light just for longer illumination purposes (blackouts, camping etc.) after you kill a few sets of batteries. Just trying to insert a little experience and practical advise into the mix seeing as you have just begun your addiction. Besides LED's are cool too if you've never seen a decent one like an Arc LS or a Surefire KL1 head with a Luxeon Star, you'll still be amazed! Even my little Arc AAA LE is real bright for a single nichia LED.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

[ QUOTE ]
tsg68 said:
Fiscal irresponsibilty is a totally American trait and that makes me one hell of a patriotic guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
Well that explains where I got that from! Now I have to figure out which one I had first, the fiscal irresponsibility or the patriotism! It's like that "which came first, chicken or the egg" thing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

If fiscal irresponsibility's patriotic, then I'm Alan Greenspan's best friend...

Some people here have spent enough on lights to buy themselves a small home...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

kimchikungfu

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
Some people here have spent enough on lights to buy themselves a small home...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And others have spent enough to be needing a bigger home pretty soon (any references to actual sigline pics are purely unintentional)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bwcaw

Enlightened

Yeah, I know what you mean! I bought an e2o, kl1, SFM6, SfA2, and traded some other stuff for an arc ls, and a UBHII, all in the last four months! That is over $500 in flashlights, and I make mimimum wage, and only work one day a week! Oh, and don't forget the batteries! I bought 100 123's too.

Flashlights are expensive, but definately not the most expensive hobby you could have. I have a freind who got into airsoft, and tried to drag me down there too, but I compared the prices of airsoft guns to flashlights, and saw that I could buy LOTS of top of the line flashlights for the price of an airsoft gun, so I think I will stick with flashlights for now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened

firestarter,

Before you go off and buy another 2 cell incandecant nearly identical to your Scorpion, I have some other suggestions that you may find usefull. First, I will say that I bought a G2/P61 a while back (Before the price was reduced from 50 to 35 dollars), and while I can say that the 120 lumens do provide a significant "Wow factor," the utility of this feature does not lean toward general usage. Of coarse, if you intend to use your G2 for self defense, that is another matter. Overall, however, I do not find the decreased runtime worthwhile during normal use.

Secondly, I will echo the sentiments of others here by suggesting a multi-LED or luxeon flashlight. While Incandecants rule the outdoors, many times LEDs more than suffice indoors and in areas with little or no ambient lighting. As you allready have an E2 on the way, you could go the KL1 route. An inretech dropin may also fill the niche, and for 20 dollars less.

Finally, there will eventually come a day when you find yourself in need of a headlamp. There are many to choose from, however I only have experience with the Princeton Tech Aurora. I believe it to be a sound investment for around 25-30 dollars.

In any case, good luck with your purchases and do not hesitate to ask questions.

Respectfully,
Dale

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast

The suggestion of an LED light is a good one, but if you're sold on incandescent, I would go for a three-cell SureFire for your second light, to provide more lighting options.

*The E2e/G2 combo will give you 60, 65 and 120 lumens of light.
*With an E2e/C3 combination however, you have the capability of 60, 105 and 200 lumens.
*Even more awesome, an E2e/M3 combination will provide 60, 125 and 225 lumens.

(Note: Please check specs for each light--for some, the high output lamp must be purchased separately, whereas I believe the M3 comes with both lamp assemblies.)

Okay, okay, time to stand in line at the poorhouse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast

G2 with G2Z bezel should work for you. The G2Z bezel is like 15 bucks/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif