RELIABLE small thrower

Scorpion1080

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone. Thank you for taking your time to help out.

I am after a light which is very reliable, relatively small and is designed more for throw.

Lumapower mrv = broken on/off switch.
Lumapower m1 = just died
Regalight t1 = something wrong, will only 1/4 brightness.

I have given up on those two brands and never want to deal with them again. I have sent them back under warranty once already and sick of saying postage each time.

Basically i just want something which is not too big and has somewhat of a decent throw but most of all, very reliable or parts which are easy to change. Thanks again everyone

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Task Force 2x C batteries, is what you want for $30, lifetime guarantee, "get the 60x brighter version at Lowe's" 150 lumen Cree LED with one purpose "throw" , Did I mention I have ran 12 batteries though it with out any problmes.
:welcome:

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
well.. I may be biased but... I highly recommend the Ra Twisty and probably the upcoming Ra Clicky.

They are made by HDS Systems, and are probably the most reliable torches you can ever invest in.

The Twisty, which is available now, isn't truly considered a "thrower", but in my experience with the light, it throws very well considering its 1" diameter bezel.

The thing with the Twisty is that there's almost nothing that can break, and as such there's nothing that really would be considered user replaceable. If you happen to smash the UCL (unlikely) you can get it replaced by HDS.

I hope this helps, and welcome to CPF.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could try the Dereelight CL1H with a smooth reflector, or the Dereeilght DBS. Parts are easy to swap out, and they usually include a spare switch.

The new Fenix TK11 with a smooth reflector should throw pretty well, it isn't available yet.

paulr

Flashaholic
Ra Twisty is probably about the toughest light you'll find, but as a thrower it's nowhere near the league of the MRV and its relatives.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Small thrower? The clear cut answer has to the the CL1 V4 w/ SMO. Or go with the larger DBS V2. Task Force? Ra Twisty? For throw, no way!

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam Jet-III Pro with OP reflector throws better than CL1H with SMO. If you're lucky you can get Jet with smooth reflector...:devil:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Jet iii went back for replacement to Bug Out Gear USA about 2 months ago and I still have not received a replacement! I recomend the Tiablo MA6, Fenix T1 w/smooth reflector or the new TK11.

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
If you want to go the other direction, most of the romisen lights are very nice. They are cheap so they may not be the top top quality but dont have to feel too bad if they break and the parts are very easy to replace I believe because nothing is glued.

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefires are fine but they're not throwers (Fenix TK10 outthrows E2DL). If you use 18650 get Jet-III, if you prefer primaries - Tiablo MA6.

Scorpion1080

Newly Enlightened
Wow. So many replies and so much help given.

Thank you very much everyone.

I am just in the process now of going through and looking at all the lights everyone suggested. hehe. there are so many.

Wattnot

Enlightened
Nobody is going to mention the obvious number one choice for a small, reliable thrower? L1 Cree . . . hello !!

I don't have a T1 or Tk10 or 11 but I would second that recommendation if you need over 200 lumens. The beamshots are phenomenal.

allthumbs

Newly Enlightened
Well since your in Australia I would suggest you look at Wolf Eyes.
3 reasons; 1 Well built and tough. 2 Lego Many interchangeable parts Incan and LED. 3 Available locally Glen C. one of are members is in Sydney
www.wolfeyes.com.au Good guy selling a good product. Most of my collection is Wolf Eyes and Surefire, but you will get a better price on the Wolf eyes