Need help with a malfunctioning PT Eos.

Rustam Bana

Newly Enlightened
I had bought this Princeton Tec Eos sometime in 2006 and it has provided stirling service during the past two years. It is used twice or thrice a month when I go fishing but this past Saturday I found that it would not switch off.

I thought this was probably a low battery indicator of some type and replaced the cells with fresh ones but the symptom still continues. I am using Duracells.

Would those in the know please tell me what is causing this problem and the remedy, if any.

Thanks.

Rustam

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I had bought this Princeton Tec Eos sometime in 2006 and it has provided stirling service during the past two years. It is used twice or thrice a month when I go fishing but this past Saturday I found that it would not switch off.

I thought this was probably a low battery indicator of some type and replaced the cells with fresh ones but the symptom still continues. I am using Duracells.

Would those in the know please tell me what is causing this problem and the remedy, if any.

Thanks.

Rustam

Princeton is very good on returns. Maybe send it back for a new one.

Citivolus

Enlightened
Call them - They do not seem to answer e-mail.

I've been writing them for months to try and carry some of their products, without any results. I think they really don't like email, or have an overly aggressive anti-spam system in place. It does seem that the telephone is the only option.

Regards,
Eric

Rustam Bana

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Mark and Eric. It seems you are right because I still haven't heard from them.

I received another EOS from Cabelas today (not as a replacement), so I think it's time to send the old one in for repairs.

Incidentally, the EOS I received today isn't as bright as the first one and I now see that PT have launched the EOS II. Just my ruddy luck!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I never call or email them. I had a problem with one headlamp and just returned it. They sent me a new one free.

Rustam Bana

Newly Enlightened
Worth a try, Woods Walker.

I have been advised to try Cabelas first as that is where I had bought it from. If they do not oblige, I will send it directly to PT.

Thanks for the help.

pipspeak

Enlightened
I had the same problem with a PT Eos last year... switch died in under a year. I returned it to REI and got a direct exchange. I think the Eos has a pretty long warranty so PT should replace it.

Steamer

Newly Enlightened
I had a PT EOS velcroed on my hard hat for years. One day the switch just wouldn't work. I called PT and the switch has a life time warranty. Sent it in and had a new black one in a couple of weeks. Love that little light. Just need something a little lighter now.