Need recommendation for headlamp for First Aid Kits.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I am on the CERT, I may have to administer first aid in hazardous conditions. The UK Vizion2 is intrinsically safe rated, the EOS is not. The Vizion2 also has a diffuse setting, and a red setting, which the EOS does not have, and you can remove the Vizion2 from the mount and use it as a work light. See the web page:

It would be kept with AAA Energizer Lithium primary cells, no worries for depleted RC cells.
So am I, a certified first responder, every two years I have to take a course and get recertified, as a building engineer I work mostly in hazardous locations, mechanical room, boiler rooms, pipe tunnels, above ceiling spaces, cooling towers, pump rooms, electrical rooms, .........ect,
Pretty sure you'd do just fine with any decent light, I know I would, we are not doing a surgery, or anything where slight a difference in shade would matter, even thou i do not believe it matters that much even then, i've seen doctors perform surgeries with cheap headlamp with a bunch of 5mm leds. My vet used to do it, until i saw it and got him a ZL600nw. he had my dog on his table 4 times removing all kinds of tumors, every surgery was a huge success, and last week he had dental and extraction of 3 teeth, done to my cat. so in any case i believe cri is highly overrated, especially in a context of a first aid kit.
From experience I'm pretty much sure, in a medical emergency you won't need a red light, nor you will need to use it as a work light, you will have to put it on turn it on, and leave it on until you have dealt with an emergency.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I am on the CERT, I may have to administer first aid in hazardous conditions. The UK Vizion2 is intrinsically safe rated, the EOS is not. The Vizion2 also has a diffuse setting, and a red setting, which the EOS does not have, and you can remove the Vizion2 from the mount and use it as a work light. See the web page:

It would be kept with AAA Energizer Lithium primary cells, no worries for depleted RC cells.
I thoroughly agree.
Energizer Lithium Primary cells are the best to be considered inclusive over RC cells in an
when the WTSF survival package. Most all Rechargeable's require yearly maintenance.
Energizer Lithium Primaries have +- ten year storage capabilities that mostly do not fail,
when they are mostly needed. Allbiet, kits should be checked on a < 5 year basis, IMO.

priu

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
So am I, a certified first responder, every two years I have to take a course and get recertified, as a building engineer I work mostly in hazardous locations, mechanical room, boiler rooms, pipe tunnels, above ceiling spaces, cooling towers, pump rooms, electrical rooms, .........ect,
Pretty sure you'd do just fine with any decent light, I know I would, we are not doing a surgery, or anything where slight a difference in shade would matter, even thou i do not believe it matters that much even then, i've seen doctors perform surgeries with cheap headlamp with a bunch of 5mm leds. My vet used to do it, until i saw it and got him a ZL600nw. he had my dog on his table 4 times removing all kinds of tumors, every surgery was a huge success, and last week he had dental and extraction of 3 teeth, done to my cat. so in any case i believe cri is highly overrated, especially in a context of a first aid kit.
From experience I'm pretty much sure, in a medical emergency you won't need a red light, nor you will need to use it as a work light, you will have to put it on turn it on, and leave it on until you have dealt with an emergency.
My Vet of 50+ years,
Is now extremely grateful for showing him HCRI portable lighting technologies of today. He's actually have worn the original light gifted to him several years ago, and now is better able to deal with full sized birds, parrots, and thoroughly praises the benefits the light provides when having to cremate animals.. I'm not disagreeing with You, but openly saying the quality, HCRI, Tint, does matter. I've been one this last January 2023 in a roll over, and over car accident on my way back from an ER visit. I just had corrective hand surgery 12 weeks ago, and also major arm reconstructive 35+ years ago due to a work related industrial event. I can see Your first handed responses to regards to what a 1st responder will need in a medical emergency, but, I must agree, it won't be a Red led light, and most certainly will help having a HCRI light in hand, to all the first responders. My only wish would be all the other first responders out there knew what You have posted, and acknowledge what makes a difference in actually being on scene. I also have, and still work with a 40+ year local towing company, and have seen above and beyond my share. Heck I'm a walking accident waiting to happen!
GL