dragon434

Newly Enlightened
how come these guys have the invictus first? and the pics are from 2006

look at the video

sf flashlights are made in usa right?

Last edited by a moderator:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire has a huge market in Asia, there's a good chance that site got some protos for testing. SureFire makes as much as they can in the US.

Glen C

Enlightened
A small warning, I have just upgraded to Firefox3 and use Micro PCillan, when I clicked on this link there was a warning that it was a known attack site lodging virus, etc. I didn't proceed.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I have FireFox 3 too and here's the text of the warning:

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at tactical-photo.net has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

jchoo

Enlightened
I have FireFox 3 too and here's the text of the warning:

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at tactical-photo.net has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

+3.0

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Same here with FF3, but it is a Google warning if you clk the why. :thinking: Surefire is ~10 miles from me in Fountain Valley, CA and I've visited two of their buildings to pick up will-call orders. I won't rule out things like lanyards and holsters being outsourced. The lights are made here.

Larry

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here with FF3, but it is a Google warning if you clk the why. :thinking:

The why page says it a suspicious site, but doesn't show it as hosting malware, acting as an intermediary to malware, or hosting suspicious content in the last 90 days. So of course in the name of science I tried it. :sssh: I did not enable javascript on the site however (using NoScript). My AVG anti-spyware component didn't freak out. My Comodo Firewall Defense+ (which requires confirmation of new programs running) didn't ask for permission. A scan with Superantispyware showed nothing. Probably safe for a quick look if you have javascript disabled...or I won't be back for a while. :poof:

On topic, all the postings at the bottom below the pics show dates this month. Probably more likely an error of date and the pics are of prototypes. Global markets work both ways, and I am sure there are many Surefire fans worldwide who don't speak English, but are drooling over this light as much as any CPF member.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wished I had read the rest of the thread before I clicked on the link. Oh well, now I'll have to run an adware check.

Status
Not open for further replies.