Fenix L2D Q5 or E20

Jaslight

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to decide between these two. They seem to be the best AA flashlights around. Should I get the L2D Q5, It has all these different modes but I'll probobly use 107 lumen mode most of the time. The new Fenix E20 looks like it has a single mode of 109 lumens and can be focused. I've heard the turbo mode in the L2D-Q5 can only be used for a short time so it doesn't really have that advantage over the E20. They are very similar, I dont know which one to buy.

What do you think ?

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
wha.....???

vastly different lights. Fenix turbo mode can be run indefinitely without worry in most cases. Only time to limit the run on turbo is on hot days when there is no cooling for the L2D.

What are your needs? That will dictate what you should buy.

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
get the e20 so u can tell us all about it, it seems like a cool light. The l2d is definitely tried and tested and a favorite while the e20 is still a bit mysterious.

lengendcpf

Enlightened
I'm trying to decide between these two. They seem to be the best AA flashlights around. Should I get the L2D Q5, It has all these different modes but I'll probobly use 107 lumen mode most of the time. The new Fenix E20 looks like it has a single mode of 109 lumens and can be focused. I've heard the turbo mode in the L2D-Q5 can only be used for a short time so it doesn't really have that advantage over the E20. They are very similar, I dont know which one to buy.

What do you think ?

Definitely the L2D-Q5.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Without seeing the E20 in person I (personally) would go for the L2D as it is more versitile and brighter.

Still it depends on what YOU want, the focusable head is nice and so is the forward clicky. Also it seems to regulate well on alkalines and is cheaper too.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bear in mind I highly suspect the E20 is 109 lumens OTF, which is really quite a lot of light- more than is comfortable in most situations. The L2D will give you more options when you don't need 109 lumens.