Arc LS Cree XR-E Mod

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Ok, you guys are probably getting sick of me by now. :nana:

Not many LS Cree mods around anymore so I'm documenting this one.

-Arc LSH "Tiger Stripe"
-Stock Converter @ 667ma
-Cree XR-E Q5 WC
-Modified McR-18
-Mineral Glass Lens
-Glow Oring
-AW R123

The inductor & large cap have been repositioned for clearance issues. Inductor potted. Cree rests on a copper shim. The Cree & the large cap have been insulated from shorting out on the McR-18. If you look closely I also polished the Cree's ring so it looks nicer through the reflector.

This one originally had a R2/WG but I just couldn't live with the green tinted spill. I swapped it out for a Q5/WC which actually has one of the warmest tints I've seen for a WC just like my tint lotto winning Premium P2D Q5, very nice. You can see how nice the tint is (and brighter) compared to my R2/WC EX-10 in the beamshot below.

Hope the owner enjoys cause if he doesn't, send it back, I want it! :wave:

Img_3872.jpg

Img_3917.jpg

Polished Ring
Img_3862.jpg

Img_3910.jpg

Left: Arc LS Q5/WC, Right: EX-10 R2/WC
arc-ls_q5-wc_mcr-18_ex10_r2-wc.jpg

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey darkzero,

how much would you charge for one of these?

also, i realised i never confirmed or said no to that bombelman CR2 you offered me awhile back, let me take this oppotunity to apologise for that. I know its no longer available, not asking for it, just apologising..:crazy:

Crenshaw

greenLED

Flashaholic
...If you look closely I also polished the Cree's ring so it looks nicer through the reflector.
That's just a tiny detail that shows you're a Master Modder (and an inspiration to us armchair modder wanna-be's). Can't get sick of you posting your mods.

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bit late into the party me is....

I just gotta say though,

That is one nice build you did there Will.....!!

Whats the "juice" like in this?