5C 6C Mag mod suggestions

uluapoundr

Newly Enlightened
Found some in the box 5C and 6C Mags. Is the tube diameter larger than the newer Mags? Heatsinks on the market need to be built up, does anyone sell heatsinks that fit tightly in these? Any suggestions on mods? I know the 6C may be good for an ROP, but I already have 2 ROP and was looking for other suggestions. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
6C is good for 4 x Emoli 26700 and 64623 or any other 100W lamps that can take 16.8V...That what I run in one of my 6C's.

however that is an older C with no "C" in the serial no. I have a C serial no'd mag...but havent opened it to check the ID...I have heard they are smaller.

the emoli 26700 are a tight fit if you remove the card wrapper and use thin tape to wrapp them...you may need to lightly ream it...but I prefer to use ultra thin tape, and use the internal anodise to isolate the cells....

Have to be carfull playing with emolis though...they can give up a lot of power...I had seven in series once in an extended 6D, and shorted a wire I was using to measure V lamp...and the wire went glowing white hot in a second. Hot stuff :devil: