Arc6 question for Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saranic

Newly Enlightened
Hello Peter

I have Arc6 #23, love the light and I think I will get a production model also.

With the feedback you have received is there any way to make the PD not so stiff?

Is the only issue I have with this fantastic light. To be honest the only thing I have tried with this baby is cleaning and re-lubing with the same stuff I use on my TiPDs

Elmie

Enlightened
you can try adjusting the kilroy as well as the spring in the PD. You can try compressing the spring or cut off a link. I actually used a different spring altogether and it works much better for me now.

Saranic

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a spring from Radio shack and it worked better than the OEM spring. best results for me was a pair of needle nose pliars and a zippo.

compressed the spring and heated it and now is working much better

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, this was asked in a couple of the other threads as well. At the time I suggested trimming the spring with wire clippers and stretching it out. You can also collapse it somewhat with a pair of lineman diagonals or a vise.

Saranic, good idea about using heat to change the temper of the steel.

peter

Saranic

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Peter

I may need a 2nd spring, the original one I did cliping with wire cutter and just did not work well.

I took the one out my NG tube and did the Zippo trick and now I dont have a spring for my NG tube.... :(

But good new is it is working great now...

Status
Not open for further replies.