Newbie qn on Olight.

Banzai

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
Ive just recieved my Olight T25 & T15. This is my first time owning "premium" flashlights. However I have some questions.

I find in both T25 & T15, my energizer/eveready alkaline 1.5v batteries rattle. In T15, it is not so noticeble but in T25 is (since T25 uses 2 x AA batteries). Ive wrap with 2 layers of masking tape to reduce the rattling and that really help. My qn is, is this phenomena normal to other brands as well ie NiteCore, JetBeam, LiteFlux, Fenix, Inova etc?

Secondly, in T25, the "attachment" ring (ie that attaches the lanyard cord to the tail cap) is sooo tiny that I fear might break. Has anyone have any solution as to how to attach the lanyard to the T25 (should the attachment ring break, which I am confident it will) ?

Apart from those two, Im happy with my purchase. :)

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
have used my two T25's more recently than the T15's (07 & 08 models). i do not have any rattle in the T25's & don't recall any rattle in the T15's.

you are right to be concerned. the weld that holds the ring together is a weak point, in my experience. one ring did break on one of my T25's. i pulled the T25 by its lanyard out of one of the pockets of a Safari/Cargo/Photo-Journalist Vest and it broke. the light barely hung up, but the angle at which the lanyard pulled on the ring, torqued the ring in such a way that with relatively little force the ring's weld snapped (probably wasn't a good weld to begin with).

my plan is to replace it with a similar lanyard kit. i need to determine if any of the Surefire lanyard kits that uses a very similar ring is of the appropriate diameter (even though its made for a CR123A diameter barrel) for use on the T25. the one SF lanyard with ring that i own (on a C2L) is too large a diameter.

other than that, the T25's are one of my favorite 2xAA lights. very nice indeed. i'm not as thrilled w/the T15's however. but, they are nice lights also.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find in both T25 & T15, my energizer/eveready alkaline 1.5v batteries rattle.:)
The lights will preform much better with good NIMH cells.
I think I recall hearing before that Olights have a wide barrel and can take larger cells easily.

Ivo

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I have had my TK25 regular for a week now. I have tried it with eneloops and energizer AA and there is no difference in the sound it makes when I shake the light vigorously. There is no rattling.

The lanyard attachment ring is a the only weak point for this light IMO. Mine was broken out of the packet, but Luke from Extremetorches sent me a replacement immediately. I still dont trust it and will not use it.

Hopefully Olight can improve the design and make a more substantial attachment. I will be VERY happy to sacrifice a few grams to have a lanyard that I can depend on.

Banzai

Newly Enlightened
have used my two T25's more recently than the T15's (07 & 08 models). i do not have any rattle in the T25's & don't recall any rattle in the T15's.
Maybe because Im using alkaline. Maybe the alkalines are slimmer than other batteries. Im planning to buy some Eneloop as per adviced by mdocod (ie recommended LSD batteries).

In T15 the battery does rattle but I could feel some movement. So I still wrap 2 layers of masking tape :eek:

you are right to be concerned. the weld that holds the ring together is a weak point, in my experience. one ring did break on one of my T25's. i pulled the T25 by its lanyard out of one of the pockets of a Safari/Cargo/Photo-Journalist Vest and it broke. the light barely hung up, but the angle at which the lanyard pulled on the ring, torqued the ring in such a way that with relatively little force the ring's weld snapped (probably wasn't a good weld to begin with).

my plan is to replace it with a similar lanyard kit. i need to determine if any of the Surefire lanyard kits that uses a very similar ring is of the appropriate diameter (even though its made for a CR123A diameter barrel) for use on the T25. the one SF lanyard with ring that i own (on a C2L) is too large a diameter.
Yup, I would really like my T25 to use the lanyard :shakehead

other than that, the T25's are one of my favorite 2xAA lights. very nice indeed. i'm not as thrilled w/the T15's however. but, they are nice lights also.
I too like the T25. I really like the clip and the holster.

T15 is a great light too. I like both :)

Banzai

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I have had my TK25 regular for a week now. I have tried it with eneloops and energizer AA and there is no difference in the sound it makes when I shake the light vigorously. There is no rattling.
hmmm... I dont know. Because in my T25 and T15 battery barrel, there's quite some extra space, thus the batteries can move (ie rattle). But I can live with that as I can just wrap some masking tape around the batteries :grin2:

The lanyard attachment ring is a the only weak point for this light IMO. Mine was broken out of the packet, but Luke from Extremetorches sent me a replacement immediately. I still dont trust it and will not use it.

Hopefully Olight can improve the design and make a more substantial attachment. I will be VERY happy to sacrifice a few grams to have a lanyard that I can depend on.
Yup, I too hope Olight listens to her customers and keep on improving. I really like Olight.