Surefire E2L Switch Question

TBrogden

Newly Enlightened
All,

I'm interested in the E2L but am not sure I understand how the 2-stage switch works on this model. Could someone pls describe how the momentary and constant on are activated for both levels?

I am familiar with the two-stage L1 switch operation, if that helps.

If this has been covered elsewhere, please feel free to just point me towards another post.

Thanks!

alibaba

Enlightened
The switch is a forward clicky so you puch halfway and you get momentary, push all the way and it clicks on. The light comes on low first (unless it's an E2DL) so if you push halfway you get low momentary or click on for constant low. If you want high you do a half press, then release and half press again within 2 seconds and you're in high mode momentary or click on for constant high. Hope that made sense........................:wave:

tazambo

Newly Enlightened
Good description, but just to be clear it is a regular switch.
Push on, Push off.
The change of output is done in the head via the circuitry.
You just have to switch it on then off then on again, within the specified time period.

Regards
Dave

alibaba

Enlightened
Good description, but just to be clear it is a regular switch.
Push on, Push off.
The change of output is done in the head via the circuitry.
You just have to switch it on then off then on again, within the specified time period.
Regards
Dave

Good point. In fact, you can use a Z52 twisty tailcap (if you can find one) with these lights and just push for momentary and twist for constant on.

stuart

Newly Enlightened
I purchased one recently (the KX2) head only, and use a twisty switch from an old E2. So far its one of my favorite all around lights. The 3 lumen low is sufficiant for most indoor task. I use low to walk around the woods at night. The high, 60 lumens ,blows the old Kl1 out of the water. Both levels lean more to the throw side then the flood side but it does have a good usable side spill. I've recently watched rabbits and skunks runing around the yard at about 20 yards with no problem. I don't actually like the switching system, twisty or clicky used on the light, The two stage pressure switch of the L1 or a Mce2s is more intuitive in my opinion. Unfortunately I can't use the Mce2s on the new outdoorsman due to the switching being in the head.

Back to the point, the switch is pretty simple, you just have to get used to it. you may, however. find yourself trying to click on and off pressure switch lights after playing with the e2l high and low for awhile