New River Rock light at TARGET - 2C CREE

mhubble

Enlightened
Picked up one of these at my local Target today. Its a nice light, very bright. Rated at 136 lumens. Its a little better made than the TASKFORCE 2 C but not by much. My biggest fault with it and the reason I took it back is because it has a plastic lens and reflector that are all glued into the head. Not sure it could be replaced without damaging the light. Cree is a xr-e. Has a orange tailcap boot. Forward clicky that is really soft. It looks nice except for a GREEN metal ring between the head and body. Its a really reall dark gray, almost black. The other problem with it is the 28.00 price tag. Just not worth it to me. You can get to the cree really easy if you want one to mod. From the looks of the tailcap and head its probably made by NUWAI/FAVOUR LIGHT. It has the shape of their lights.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been looking for one of these lights for over a month and have given up. We have 4 Targets here in Raleigh that we go to and not only have I not seen that light, I have not seen ANY of the Night Fire RR lights since I found the AA version about a month ago. I give up!!:thumbsdow.

Mike

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took mine back today. I found the driver to be inefficient, producing less light than it should for the current draw. The driver is a simple voltage boost circuit, and the light gets progressively dimmer as the batteries are depleted. The reflector is not very shiny either, appearing to have something of a matte finish. You can find better lights online for less money.

mhubble

Enlightened
I have been looking for one of these lights for over a month and have given up.

I found mine in a Target in Roanoke, Va. so it might be coming to Raleigh soon. Ive been looking for the AA version for about a month but none of the Targets up her have them.