Pelican 8060

Outrider

Newly Enlightened
Hi All !
The factory rep came by my workplace and showed a prototype of a new
Pelican to be model 8060. Like the 7060 except larger. 200 lumen rated and 4 hour run time with the rechargeable battery, List price is to be $ 30.00 higher than the 7060. The neat trick is you can drop out the factory battery and drop in 3 C cells. All i had time to do was take our display 7060 and hold it next to the prototype about 3-4 inches above the
dark brown counter surface. To my old eyes it was at least as bright as claimed and i noticed the beam was without any rings and somewhat warmer. This is all i know except the rep said this light will be a production
unit but would not give at release date. Will have only a "Forward Tactial" switch on the rear end.

Last edited by a moderator:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Pelican ?

Thanks for the info... I look forward to seing it.... the 7060 is a great light. I would like to see Pelican make some other lights with modern leds. Hopefully they will.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast

3C sized with only a rear clickie sounds kind of awkward. Did ou happen to see what kind of LED it was using?

Outrider

Newly Enlightened

If i had to guess i would say Cree - Q5 based on a fast look and compaired to the cree in my BOB. Correction - as best i recall the switch was on the barrel just behind the head.
RE: GadgetProne - nice find. I am 80% sure it is 3 C cells and 100 % sure
it does not weigh 7.75 Lbs.

Last edited:

ElGreco

Newly Enlightened

At that size they're competing with Maglight as much as SL or SF. Which might be the point, catering to LEOs who have been more than willing to lug a Mag around with a smaller (abiet not that small) but much brighter rechargable light with a good runtime at that. Its an interesting angle to take.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened

Hmm...the rear clicky on that size light does indeed some ackward....

i wish tehy'd make a metal verison of the 7060 and not so edgy

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened

Quite a bit larger.

7060-8060-comparison-low-res_large.jpg

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Pelican 8060

Interesting light, I like the fact that it can use C cells. Wonder if it can use NiMh C cells?

Last edited:

mcstrydor

Newly Enlightened

http://www.pelican.com/lights_detail_specs.php?recordID=8060

They dont have it displayed in their product list..but I found the page for the 8060..

Light
Source Tested Lumen
Value Tested Lux Value
(@ 1 meter) LED 190.0
N/A Batteries Battery
Burn Time Battery Pack/
Charging Time 4 C SIZE Ni-MH
(Included) 6 hrs.
NiMH Battery Pack
4.5 hrs. Watts Voltage 3.7 4.8 Length Weight w/Batteries Weight w/o Batteries 12.67"
(32.2 cm) 23.2 oz.
(0.66 kg) 11.8 oz.
(0.33 kg)

Meltdown

Enlightened

I posted a pic of this light next to a 7060 a couple days ago on this section of the forums after seeing it at an LE tradeshow. I think i'ts on page 2 or 3 now.

my main concern is that the 8060 is WAY heavier than it's little bro. I really don't see this taking off. I like the alkaline battery idea but there's no reason somebody couldn't build this feature into a light that's not a boat anchor.

Meltdown

Enlightened

I guess with a 7060 in one hand and the 8060 in the other hand it just feels really heavy. It seems like a step backwards from the recent trend...but heck I've never met a flashlight I wouldn't have if the price is right :)

mcstrydor

Newly Enlightened

I'm going to be purchasing either the 7060 or the 8060..for my under the arm / car searching flashlight.

My on the duty belt flashlight will be the Fenix TK11.

My question is should i get the 7060 or 8060? I feel outdated buying the 7060 when this new one is coming out. I'm wondering will the 8060 be too big? Any advice on those who have the 7060 for LEO purposes? What would you do in my shoes?

Edit: also any good links to the cheapest site to buy a 7060? or coupons? Thanks all.