Rechargable LED light questions

chuck1

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone. I'm new here. Been trying to do a little seaching here at work.
I am trying to get our company up a little more up to date with flash lights. They issue us the surefire AX8 and while it does the job the run time is terrible not to mention melting the carry pouch and trying to set my butt on fire if when sitting or if left on. :D
I am trying to find a rechargable LEd light and saw the surefire L7. While it uses the same battries that we already have i tend to think they are also a draw back being a nicad.

Something with a dual intensity light would be nice but so far I only see those in the lights that use the cr123 battries.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Thanks

alibaba

Enlightened
People are probably going to suggest lights that run off of the 18650 size 3.7v Li-Ion rechargeable cell so you might do some digging based on that until someone with experience with these lights chimes in. I don't own any 18650 based lights but they are known for long runtimes...................
Good luck!

EDIT: Oh, by the way............:welcome: and you might want to check out this one: http://www.dereelight.com/cl1h.htm
here's a review: http://www.light-reviews.com/dereelight_cl1h/review_2sd.html

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
Your need led lights, they last much longer for the same light output and many led lights have more than one level, i.e. it can be used on low for long runtime and on high when your need max. light.

Surefire has some led lights, but your can also get good quality lights that are cheaper. Some posibilities are DereeLight and Fenix, but there are others.

If your want rechargable your have to decide if your want to take the batteries out to charge them or it must be possible to charge the batteries in the light. If your can accept to take the batteries out, most lights can be used.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
What kind of rechargeable are you looking for?

Cradle charging or remove battery and charge?

:welcome: