Help Troubleshooting RC-G2 issues

tychoseven

Newly Enlightened
I have a Romisen RC-G2 that I modded a few months ago. New LED and regulator. It worked great for many weeks, but recently it's been flickering when the clickie is fully engaged. Soft-pressing doesn't seem to be a problem. If I unscrew the cap 1-2 turns, it stops flickering. I've tried tightening/loosening the switch and the pill, but it doesn't make a difference. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tycho

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Contact problems? Try cleaning all the contacts.

If that doesn't help, maybe there is too much pressure on something(maybe the driver).

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
The click switches on these are supposed to be used with only a few hundred mA, that's my conjecture after several switches have burned after a while of use with more powerful drivers. After disassembling these burned switches I have found blackened internal parts and springs in them. A total of three have burned so far which is embarasiing since they were gifts to people.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to suggest a switch problem as well. I have the Q5 version and its bright enough for me.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of mine doesn't work well either.
Its a pity that Romisen did not fit the light with a suitable switch. I think it draws about 1.5 amps from alkalines which is far more than a few hundred mA.

marschw

Newly Enlightened
If you removed the little ring that isolates the emitter PCB from the reflector, maybe when it's too tight you're shorting something out through the reflector? If not, maybe when it's too tight, you're pressing down on a blob of solder (if you used a lot when reattaching the wires to the emitter) which is messing with a contact somewhere along the line?